Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 7, 2009

click clack POW, officer down

thevoiceofdog posted:

Yeah, most of the newer Nikon DSLR's have a decent interval timer but you still can't extend the shutter past 30sec. I suppose I would also use it as a remote trigger since going through menus each time to shoot is kind of annoying.

Hahnel makes a wireless intervalometer that's like 100 bucks, kind of spendy but still less than the wired Nikon MC-36 (which won't work with your camera anyway). It comes with adapters for your camera as well as the higher end bodies that use the 10-pin connection so if you upgrade you can still use it. I'm pretty sure it can do longer than 30sec but obviously check before you buy. There seem to be some super cheap Yongnou/etc remotes out there too but the Hahnel stuff is pretty decent and will actually hold up.

http://www.hahnel.ie/index.cfm?page=dslrremotecontrols&id=80&pId=80

e: sorry, didn't see you were looking for ~$50 and no wireless :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 7, 2009

Chill Callahan posted:

Does anybody know a place to send out Nikon stuff to get repaired (or a place near the DC metro area)? The film rewind assembly on my FM2 fell apart and is missing a pin (and also the part that opens the back fell inside). It could be an easy fix, but I've been too busy recently to dick around with it.

I can recommend Pro Camera in Virgina, I've been sending them a lot of work the last few months and their pricing and turnaround time have been very good.

http://www.procameraus.com/

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 7, 2009

Amok posted:

Sounds plausible, unfortunately bought it off a craigslist-equivalent and SOL on that. Based on a few disassembly videos I took a look at it seems I could get at the cable myself, but since I know gently caress-all what to do with the cable once I get there, I think I see asking for repair quotes in my future.

I had the same thing happen with mine, they fixed it under warranty but I was the original owner. I'd send it to Tamron and explain the situation/ask nicely for warranty coverage. They're usually pretty good about such things.