Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natrapx
Jan 13, 2010

The x is for xenogamy
Hey guys, i've been stupid and have planned a 3 week holiday to the states, flying out on Saturday and I only have one battery and no car charger.

The particular camera (Canon EOS 450D) I have uses the LP-E5 battery, and so if anyone could point me in the direction of a place in LA where I may get a spare battery and car charger in that area, it would be very much appreciated! And if you know prices for that sort of thing, that would be pretty swell.

(Edit: This may seem like a stupid question, but seeing as i'm from the UK, the only store I really know of is Best Buy, and I've heard pretty bad things about the place in the past. I'd quite like to pop into a proper camera shop if I get the chance!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natrapx
Jan 13, 2010

The x is for xenogamy

nielsm posted:

You won't have access to regular mains plugs either?
Modern chargers tend to take any voltage and AC frequency so you just need a suitable cable/plug converter. (My Nikon charger says 100-240V ~ 50-60 Hz, i.e. "any commonly used AC system.")

Yes but i'm not sure how often, its a tour company holiday but 95% of it is going to be camping. Most of the time i'll have access to power will be through the minibus charger ports.

tijag posted:

Sammy's Camera are around in various places in LA and should have what you need.

Thanks, i'll have a look for those when i'm there. I'm going to try get everything I need tomorrow before I go, but my local camera shop is a bit poo poo.

Natrapx
Jan 13, 2010

The x is for xenogamy

Rontalvos posted:

TrekAmerica, by chance?

Yep, doing the Rocky Mountain High trip, LA->Seattle. Only 3 days before I fly out now! Cant wait to get the camera out there!