Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I own a Lowepro Truckee BP250LX. It fits a pro body with grip and 4 lenses and lots of extra stuff. It's 18 liters / 700grams.

Problem when going to a trip lasting 2-3 nights it fits only 2 lenses and 0 cameras, unless I take only my Fuji X100S.

Does someone happen to know about around 25L camera bags (so slightly bigger) which weigh under 1KG. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Hot drat these BF sales. I bought a new Panasonic 50mm f/1.8 lens for 199€. They sold it in white bulk package.

Traded in my Voigtländer 40mm f/2 Ultron for Canon EF and paid 250€ on top of it and got a Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG DN. The lens was just released in 5/2021 so it is basically brand new too.

Can't wait for some more deals. I now have 24/2, 35/1.4 and 85/1.4 DG DN Sigma lenses for L-mount, and the 50/1.8 panny. Average price has been 550€ for each lens... some cheap deals available for the L-mount.

I also saw a 35/1.2 DG DN for 700€ but passed on it because it is so goddamn big and heavy. I hope I can get 550€ when I sell my 50/1.4 HSM ART and MC-21 adapter, then I don't have any lenses over 700g. The 50/1.4 with adapte weighs 1,1kg...

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I have known multiple people who have used Fuji aps-c cameras and they have moved on. I bought a Sony A7II and later Panasonic S1. One friend upgraded from XT3 to Canon R6 etc. Our group of friends does event photography and full frame seems to be the best tool for the job. You also get lots of more bokeh and Sigma ART lenses aren't that expensive.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I'm trying to write a lens review. For the review, I need some pictures of the glass. I used a white tablecloth or a black cardboard on the table. Illuminated the lens using a flash at the standard 45/45-degree angle. Additionally, I used extra light from one side with a pocket flash :D Lightroom's "select subject" will hide the major flaws under the rug. Nothing can be done about the dust. No matter how much Iscrub, brush, and polish, there's always plenty of it in the photo. Pocket flash has different wb from the main flash it seems.

I used a Nikkor 85mm PC. Sadly it has tilt and shift in 90 degree angle to each other. Would love to be able to tilt AND shift to same direction. With a Canon 90mm 2.8L you can just rotate the tilt axis around.. not so in Nikon.

Anyways. Are these good enough or should I do something else, what? Any pro tips/tutorials/guides?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Brrrmph posted:

I’ve never cleaned my own sensor. Which cleaning kits do y’all use?

Rubbing alcohol and q-tips. Not the most elegant solution.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

If you want to mount a flash directly on camera, I recommend buying the lightest reasonable option. I bought a godox flash which uses 2xAA. It weighs 200g, but still can be used remotely with the godox system, rotating flash head, zoom, came with gels etc.

Then just point the flash directly at subject, like above poster did!

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

My friend shoots with the 20-40-105mm 1.4 Art combo..

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Depends on the camera? Panasonic says the S1 series is Good for like 300-400k frames. I’m close to 10k? after buying the camera in 2020.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Depends. My Panasonic has a mechanical shutter, but it can be used in electrical shutter mode. Nikon Z9 has only electrical one, so no mechanical at all.

Personally I can’t decide so I often carry many lenses. Yesterday I had a 24,50 and 85mm with me when photographing an event. Gala? Something like that. As a general lens I’d recommend 35mm if you can’t decide what to take, or don’t know what to buy, but must choose only one.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Canon 17mm ts-e used, mint, 1000€? 14 day free returns. Does it make any sense? I’d use it for my hobbyist architecture and interiors. Resale value probably won’t tank too much. Using it with L-mount, Panasonic doesn’t make own ts glass.

I have the Canon 24/3,5 II and pc-Nikkor 85/2,8 too.

I really don’t need the 17mm but it would be so nice to own it and try it out.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 11, 2023

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I am looking at a webpage where they sell a new Leica M6, with warranty. Only 5000€. Not too bad, I think. Please help.

I have too many film cameras, but they are all old, none of them work right and hard/impossible to service these days.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I don't care about quality that much. I'm just so sick of old and used cameras which are out of warranty and don't work anymore. A camera which has a guarantee, and a manufacturer which will most likely service any camera they made "forever", would give a peace of mind that I don't have to think about broken poo poo or how to get it fixed. The Zeiss and Bessa cameras are all old I think too, 10+ years old at least today.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Does anyone make a single modern camera shoulder bag? Meaning with modern manufacturing methods, design and materials.

Lowepro accidentally makes two instances of modern lightweight backpacks - Truckee 150 and 250. Paid 65€ for the 250 back in the day: https://www.lowepro.com/us-en/truckee-bp-250-lx-lp37238-pww/ - I don't know of any other manufacturer producing such rare items.

It is 700g and fits my pansonic s1 with grip with 4 Sigma ART lenses. And then it's only half full - still has a top compartment for clothes and stuff and side pockets for umbrella/water bottle etc. And laptop container.

My current messenger back is an old SA-Int gas mask bag, with a cheap insert. It is made from extra heavy duty cotton - 650 grams total. The messenger back can hold maybe 1/3 of the stuff that my backpack can, but it weighs the same.

Are there some 200-300g messenger/shoulder camera backpacks which fit 3-4 lenses? My current shoulder bag fits 3 lenses, or 2 lenses and a flash + stuff, like this, with dimensions around 25x30x12cm.

I'd like it to be a bit wider so I could fit in an extra lens, or a water bottle, and lighter weight with modern materials instead of thick rear end cotton. Has capitalism produced a single model like that?

My 90 liter expedition backpack is 1,6kg so I don't tolerate unneccssarily heavy items if it's not well justified.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Apr 13, 2024

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I bitched about shoulder bag weight earlier. Noticed today on Amazon that Lowepro makes a shoulder bag version of their Truckee lineup: https://www.lowepro.com/global/truckee-sh-160-lx-lp37252-pww/

265 grams for a 24 x 11 x 17 cm shoulder bag. Nice! It's not that large, but could perhaps replace my current bag as a 400g lighter version of the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I have 3 packs of Fuji FP100c, but not a camera to use them with. I have a RZ67 with polaroid back but it crops the film so much I don't want to waste them there. I wish I could find a cheap polaroid camera from Finland.