Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023

Admiral Bosch posted:

Okay, followup question. I watched a video on the Olympus OM1 and the rest of the OM ecosystem recently so that is just sort of at the top of my brain and was doing some ebay checking. I came across a bundle(it has all the earmarks of a "deceased father" who left a bunch of poo poo in the closet). Olympus OM-2N with a bunch of poo poo to go with it. People on the internet seem to love them, and I'm definitely thinking about it, just wanted to get some perspective and maybe some cold water thrown on me if necessary.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166577044157

The one thing, oddly, that is kind of hanging me up a little bit is that people say the OM family is fairly small in the hands. That's usually seen as a positive but I have big ape hands. Can anyone let me know how much of a big deal that is? I'm already used to fiddling with a Leica III, for comparison.

I have an Olympus OM-1n (actually two now) and I love it. It is very small and I have small hands but it's still not the most comfortable to hold. It doesn't bother me though, I love the look, I like the small size, and it's fun to use. I am looking to pick up an Olympus OM-2 or 2n next.

I just picked up a bunch of new lenses (a 24mm, 50mm f/1.4, 85mm, and 100mm) and brought them along with the camera on a photography trip, so i'm quite keen to see how they turned out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU