Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
Someone gave me a monolight a while back, but I don't have a lightstand for it. What's a decent $50ish lightstand I can get for this thing?

http://www.amazon.com/SP-Studio-Excalibur-Strobe-Compact/dp/B000GTNC0K

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
That'll do, thanks!

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

If anyone's interested, I'm asking $295 for my Canon 40D (plus battery grip) in SA Mart.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3538958

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

I've got a Canon 7D - how bad would I hate myself if I bought a 16gb/266x card? Am I gonna be buffering after two RAW shots? I don't need 30 or anything, but it's gotta be useable. This card's too cheap, my hunch is it's gotta be a piece of poo poo.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

^^ I won't argue that, but

bobfather posted:

When you consider that the 50 1.8 lacks edge sharpness and vignettes like crazy at f1.8,
Granted it's been a few years since I used one, but when I did I always shot wide open and I don't remember mine vignetting at all?

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

Friend wants to start selling poo poo, needs an easy lightbox setup. Has anybody bought one of the cheap kits like they have on Amazon (something like this), or something similar to it? I've built a cheap and easy cardboard lightbox for myself before, but I'd rather just point her somewhere where she can buy everything ready-made. From what I'm reading, the downside to all these kits is the lovely, lovely lights, which isn't surprising considering the cost.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

Quality strap brands? Nothing fancy needed, although quick release is nice. I wouldn't mind something cloth/woven, but everything I see on amazon is ugly as hell.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

That's really, really nice looking. It's hard to tell from pictures, does the strap really lock on tight to the clips? It looks like gravity holds them on as much as anything, but surely they're meant to be bounced around a lot.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

I cracked the hotshoe mount on my 580EX, and while I’ve found a reasonably-priced replacement I’m wondering if anyone’s done this and has any tips. It doesn’t look like there’s much to it, just two screws and a cable…?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

jarlywarly posted:

Are you opening up the flash unit?
I don't think I'll have to, it looks like they were smart enough to build it so that the part that's easiest to break is easy to replace. Just judging from the screws it looks like the mount is completely separate from the rest of the unit. Guess I'll find out.