Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axia
Nov 15, 2005

The future is now.
I am looking to get back into photography. I have a Nikon D60 and a kit lens (AF-S 18-55) that I haven't even picked up in probably 3 or 4 years. My wife and I frequent the mountains and I would love to document our adventures a bit better than with our cellphones; and I wouldn't mind hanging up some original prints every once in a while. I used to have a 55-200 (is that a thing? I can't remember) kit lens that I enjoyed shooting with more than the 18-55. I also can't find any batteries or the charger for it the camera. I am wondering if I'm better off just starting over with new (or used) gear that is better? I think occasionally shooting video would be nice and live view is super swell. My d60 just feels very dated compared to all the new stuff, but I'm a casual shooter with a small budget at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU