Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
I have a quick and possibly stupid question.

I have never used a teleconverter before and I have no idea how they're mounted.

If I have a M42 mount lens fitted with an adaptor to fit my K-Mount Pentax K-5, do I need a M42 mount teleconverter or a K-Mount teleconverter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Clayton Bigsby posted:

And don't buy a 2X one!!!

Please elaborate

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Well, they give up so much optically that in almost all cases (excepting super high end combos like a Canon 300/2.8 and 2X III) you get a better result using a 1.4x and cropping. "Affordable" setups with a 2X generally end in (mushy) tears.

Would this degradation be as pronounced on a relatively wide aperture, good quality telezoom, say a 500mm f4.5 Asahi-Pentax?

FormerFatty fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jun 22, 2012

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Another question, were old East German Zeiss (Jena) M42 lenses ever any good? They seem to fetch a decent price on Ebay, similar to Japanese M42 lenses of the same era. I had been under the impression that the Soviet Bloc never built anything of quality besides weapons.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
This is a massive long shot but has anyone here used a Hasselblad to Pentax K-Mount adaptor before? Were there any problems?

EDIT:

There are some real bargains on Ebay, look at this baby, $100 with no bids yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hasselbald-...=item19d240ce4b

I am aware that posting this here might drive up the price but there are plenty of other good deals out there.

FormerFatty fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

8th-samurai posted:

That won't sell for anything near $100, there are three days left in the auction.

I looked at the finished auctions, another identical lens failed to sell for $200