Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Saw this on netflix last night and really liked it. I liked how the action wasn't so overwrought that I began to sleep though it (transformers) and that its satire of fascism wasn't so on the nose that it made me hate it a little bit (Starship Troopers). Also it was nice to see a comic book movie that wasn't like 3 hours long.

Too bad there's no way there's going to be a sequel I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
That's just 'cause Old Stoney Face has ice-water in his veins.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

When Anderson attempts to read Dredd's mind and encounters, beneath everything, an unspeakable void - this is the capricious abyss beneath the 'rational' order, where the whole Law is founded on the mad declaration 'it is because I said so!' Hence, "I am the Law!"

How do you know she didn't see cuddly kittens or the true meaning of Christmas or anything else beneath everything?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Shanty posted:

I love that in that first article Garland admits that all the sequel stuff he's been talking about was basically just him shooting his mouth off about his daydreams.

I don't love that at all :(

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Urban is just really good in general. He's way underutilized in the Star Trek movies.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

I just did. Why is it so cheap all of a sudden?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I do wish there was a commentary on it I guess, not that that was enough to stop me from buying it.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

PassTheRemote posted:

Because watching Karl Urban Dredd punch Stallone Dredd in the face would be a dream come true.

It also works with Dredd because the film is primarily about face trauma.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

wyoming posted:

I mean, this is why Demolition Man is so great, it's a right wing horror film "This is what liberals actually believe!"

Dennis Leary, leader of the true 'mericans, basically quoting his rear end in a top hat song is probably the best part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JizGkM6gbvQ

Demoltion Man owns.

Ah yes, calling shitheads out on terrible opinions is being "defensive"
You got me, good show, gonna go cry some PC tears.

Dennis Leary is not the best part of anything. Don't listen to this man.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Is Urban going to be in it?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

I really don't get the orange/blue hatred thing. Is it entirely spawned from the movie poster thread mocking it?

It's a much broader internet thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

Welp, apparently it's in every modern movie but I've never noticed it as a negative.

Yeah I don't really care either.

• Locked thread