Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I've not read the comics or anything, kinda like the Stallone Dredd just for the crazy 90's sci-fi aspect but in this trailer Mega City One is pretty bland. A bunch of lowrise slums around the base of very sparse megabuildings? Sure the stallone version might have had a totally cluttered skyline but at least the city looked awesome with these massive structures towering above everything with only a small gap between them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Well, the episode was based off of Die Hard, but I could see some Dredd in it too.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Probably not, maybe a cameo but it sounds like this is a cheap 'fanfilm' type of production while Urban has been busy filming movies in NZ this year, but who knows.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

HaroldofTheRock posted:

Stumbled across this on youtube and wanted to share:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMEeVPAsox8

It's a 6 part fan miniseries (each episode is around 5 minutes). Very weird but I liked it.

Fan videos by the executive producer of Dredd.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3021774/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr12

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Vintersorg posted:

Did John Wick make its money back?

Fake Edit: Yeah, more than double on a $20 million budget. Dredd did $18 million on a $50 million budget. And even worldwide didnt get that high either. I thought word got out that the movie was awesome but I guess too many waited for the home release.

I read somewhere that it was a pretty decent seller on dvd/bluray and was very good for Netflix.

moths posted:

There was next to no promotion for it, either. I'd been looking forward to Dredd for ages and was surprised to hear it was in theaters.

It had billboards and ads on tram and bus stops here in Australia, although it dended to be mainly the logo of the film and 'IN 3d!' rather than Karl Urbans scowl.

Edit: From the comments in one of those behind the scenes photos linked earlier:

"Bawzprops It didn't. In the original, Dredd shoots through a small girl and takes down the van guy before he makes it into the block, the executes him for attempted murder of a Judge. On his way past the winged but alive girl, he said 'you'll live' and carries on. The version we got in the final film was shot in the UK in a now demolished Chinese hyper market in London"
In regards to the end of the opening chase scene.

Brutal.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Mar 26, 2015

• Locked thread