Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

VincentPrice posted:

What we have here is two tough cops making their way up a building, shooting drug dealers. That's all there is to the story. Even as a straight-up action movie it looks dull because the whole thing is CG. I get that they didn't have the budget to do it with practical effects, but then what was the point in making this movie? It's the complete opposite of the comics, philosophy-wise, and as an action movie it looks forgettable at best.

Let's be real, in this day and age, with the way things are going, there's no way there's going to be a blockbuster movie satirizing fascism.

Edit: For some reason, I'm reminded of the latest Rainbow Six project (that I think fell through a few months back), where the Rainbows are fighting against a group of terrorists who are offing big time bankers. But today, no one would care, so they made the terrorists randomly kill innocent bystanders, as well. Why? Just because. They're bad now, see? Now crush them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Timby posted:

I think Patriots is still going, but they axed the creative director and a half-dozen other creative / narrative types, so it sounds like they're keeping the assets but redoing the story. (I'd guess Ubisoft got cold feet about having the player shift from being on Rainbow to being part of the terrorist group.) The new creative director was a designer on Heavy Rain. :barf:

They were going to let become a terrorist? The way they presented in the trailer(s) and promotional material, the terrorists were irredeemable extremists who strapped bombs to CEO's and bankers before chucking them into a crowded street of regular joes and blowing them up. I could see the game taking that route if the terrorists were merely performing precision hits on the said bankers (which would make more sense, since the bad guys are supposedly ex-military, highly skilled, not just sloppy thugs), but not the way they were presented.

Not saying you're wrong, just seems a little odd to me.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
So, this is more of a general Dredd question (although I plan on seeing the movie sometime this week):

Is there anyone in prison who's actually a hardened criminal? It seems like all the real criminals ending getting executed. Are the only people doing hard time jay-walkers and litter bugs?

• Locked thread