Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I was never bored during Judge Dredd and it was fairly entertaining despite being schlock. So I can't really call it a bad movie per se

Like so many others, it was many years since I saw it so maybe I'd have a different opinion today though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I love slowmotion so the more the better for me

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I am ready for a bit of the old ultraviolence.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'd say an overwhelming majority of people around the world only had the 90's Judge Dredd as reference or none at all so to most people this movie probably doesn't look too interesting. Urban also isn't a huge draw

Hopefully word of mouth and DVD sales will help it out though

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
How is Dredd doing internationally?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
He stopped and watched because a part of him regrets what he did and a part of him is dismayed at what he is forced to do in the service of the law.

On the inside, Mr.Judge Dredd is a soft, sensitive man who only wants to make the world a better place:ghost:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Man, this movie is making no money at all :(

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I love their beltbuckles

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Just saw it and I loved it as well. Solid movie all around and never a dull moment. Like others I think it's really a shame it did so poorly, I would love to see the same guys make another Dredd movie :(

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I don't think we're getting more. The movie was 18mil short of even just making back its production budget. I'd be pretty shocked if this got a sequel (but really happy)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well Anderson would carry that weight and most people seemed to really like her so it'd probably work well. They'd also be focusing on a new villain and I don't think you need much else for a Dredd story

Judge Dredds development will come via new and exciting ways to kill and arrest perps:clint:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

nomapple posted:

My DVD arrived today from Amazon and I just watched this for the first time. Holy poo poo that was ridiculously enjoyable. I also preferred it to The Raid, which I watched last night. I loved pretty much everything about the film, and I am interested in reading some Judge Dredd too :D

I know the film was a box-office dud, but is there any chance we'll get a sequel?

Possibly if they make decent money on dvd sales or if whoever is in charge thinks the good word of mouth will become profitable with a sequel and better marketing :shobon:

Keep The Hope Alive

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What are all the other countries up to in the Dredd world? Do they also employ Judges? Are they also mostly wastelands? Does Dredd ever travel to the UK :v:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Good times

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
He gave her a taste of her own medicine. She had done exactly the same thing to the 3 thugs at the start of the movie

Plus it gave us the really cool slowfall

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Who gives a poo poo where Dredd wants to put his dick

Does he even care about putting his dick in places

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's a great ost

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Her gun wasn't her primary weapon :sax:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The problem i had with Punisher War Zone was that it was really boring and the action sucked and the villains were awful

(it was a really bad movie)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Eararaldor posted:

Thought this might be interesting for this thread....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWP88WKVBKs

I would watch anything with him in it, teaching people about the world. :allears:

a good video

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
yeah it was pretty bad

I like the Doom games premise more as well. I've always been fond of the idea of humans managing to create technology so advanced that they pierce the veil and encounter the theological realms, like hell. It could be such a wonderful mindfuck

It was the coolest part of Event Horizon as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
my movie can beat up ur movie

• Locked thread