Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I'll be honest, for the longest time until I watched them again for the second time since I saw them originally in theaters, I thought Stallone's Judge Dredd and Demolition Man were the same movie (the both have Stallone and Bullock in them, both are 90's "future" movies, etc.).

If Rob Schneider shows up again in this one and Dredd just shoots him was soon as he opens his mouth and starts whining, I'm sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
drat, how the hell did I confuse Diane Lane with Sandra Bullock?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

blackguy32 posted:

This is sort of semi related, but did anyone see the trailer for the RZA movie called "The Man with the Iron Hands?" :stare:

I didn't really know what to think of it, but the way that it looked was reminded me of Sucker Punch for some reason.

I saw that one, a trailer for a new Arnold Schwarzenegger film, a couple derivative horror flicks and a new Silent Hill movie, which surprised me.

I thought after the other Silent Hill movie they weren't going to try and make any more (the movie was fun, but I thought it didn't make that much money for some reason).

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

massive spider posted:

I love that there was no obvious reason why dredd couldn't have just dragged her downstairs and sorted the bomb watch thing out later, he just had to deliver a sentence RIGHT NOW.

Its been said a million times now but I'm still totally in denial of how poorly this movie is doing. Meanwhile, resident evil is on its 5th installment.

That's because this movie doesn't have zombies.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Zzulu posted:

He stopped and watched because a part of him regrets what he did and a part of him is dismayed at what he is forced to do in the service of the law.

On the inside, Mr.Judge Dredd is a soft, sensitive man who only wants to make the world a better place:ghost:

This is what Anderson saw in the movie before she was interrupted. :buddy:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Do we know when this is coming out on DVD/Blu-Ray?

EDIT: I'm thinking of pre-ordering this collection, is it a good deal?

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Nov 8, 2012

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Jedit posted:

No, especially if it doesn't include the McMahon episodes of The Cursed Earth. Order Case Files 2, 3 and 5 instead - you'll get The Cursed Earth, Judge Death and its sequel and Block Mania part 9 in context, plus more than 100 issues worth by other artists including Ezquerra.

I'm confused.

Description of the Amazon Item posted:

Book Description
Publication Date: December 18, 2012 | Series: Judge Dredd
This luscious, oversized hardcover volume collects as many Brian Bolland-illustrated Judge Dredd stories as THE LAW* will allow! (*Seriously, there's one we can't publish. Ever.) Within these hallowed covers the turmoil of John Wagner's Mega-City One rages, captured in such legendary tales as "Luna-1 War," "The Cursed Earth," The Day the Law Died!," "Judge Death," and many more.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Oh, okay. It's about the same price to get Case Files 2 & 3 for now, anyway.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I thought they did do an ARG type thing, though?

I could've sworn I saw a Drudge Report re-skin called "The Dredd Report", complete with Mega City retools of then-current news stories.

EDIT: Yep, here it is. http://www.dreddreport.com/

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

TheJoker138 posted:

It worked for the 2004 Punisher.

Except for the fact that we never got any more Punisher games.

EDIT: That were worth playing.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This opinion......this is a wrong opinion :colbert:

That lovely multiplayer-only game? Yeah, there's nothing wrong with wanting to pretend it doesn't exist.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Now I really want to see Judge Dredd visits ToonTown.

Didn't we get pretty close to that with the Burger Wars?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Shanty posted:

...with a first person shooter sequence, starring Karl Urban opposite The Rock. Yeah. That movie.

The Rock was hilarious in it, though.

"I'm not supposed to die like this!"

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

ghostwritingduck posted:

Just saw this too. Netflix should pay for a sequel.

No, it wouldn't be the same.

I mean, just watch Judge Minty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aavS_XUITXU

A Netflix funded sequel would be even lower-budget.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Trump posted:

Why are you basing your assumption on an extraordinarily well produced fan short which won't have anything to do with a possible sequel?

Did you bother to actually read my post? I said any Dredd sequel funded by Netflix would be put on an even lower budget than that fan film (because Dredd cost $45 million to produce and only made back $37 million). Netflix is not going to fund anything at a level that fans would like because it would result in a loss for them.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
The Dredd puppet needed a more pronounced frown, like the Walter puppet that lovely comedian uses.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Turra posted:

He also threatened someone with some time in the cubes.

Almost Human is the story of the man that Dredd was eventually cloned from.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Yeah okay I like this.

Yeah but then the final fight scene would play out like the one Karl Urban and The Rock did in Doom, but with different costumes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Doom was fun, though! It catches undeserved amounts of poo poo just for not being faithful to the game, I think.

It was fun, but also terrible (a big part of the reason it was fun to watch).

Also how could it be more faithful to the game? Have Urban walk through a door to see a giant human head from some software company or something and shoot it? We got that stupid first-person sequence out of it that was just about as close as you'd get to how horrible the games were.

• Locked thread