Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Day of Chaos in movie format would basically be like that old Maxell commercial with the wind machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

Without looking it up, what is Dredd going up against? I think it could easily do $50 million over a couple weeks if it's a decent enough movie.

A week prior to Dredd's release: Resident Evil 5 and Finding Nemo 3D.

The day of: End of Watch.

The following week: Hotel Transylvania and Looper.

Two weeks after release: Taken 2 and Frankenweenie.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 14, 2012

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Several new clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlIi6G238qE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Bzrz2Jc2Y

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The difference between The Raid and this movie is that this movie is likely to have 5,000% more LAW.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Saw it here in the states at a sneak peek screening a few days ago; it was 3D.

It was....so beautiful. No words. They should have sent a poet.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

I am really surprised at how this movie is getting 90% on rotten tomatoes. are the trailers a poor indication of how great this movie is? because the trailer doesnt make it seem that amazing.

There's so much stuff that the producers can't put in a TV spot, lest the government fine them into non-existence for obvious reasons.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Keep an eye out for the huge CHOPPER graffiti when they're going up the service elevator the first time.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I enjoyed the original soundtrack to the movie; especially the scene where Ma-Ma falls to her doom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8c1DcC9jJA

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

It failed here in the States because it didn't have enough krumping competitions/giant CGI robots/sparkling vampires in it.

I hate this country.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Cream_Filling posted:

It flopped because nobody knew it existed. Seriously, I have not seen a single ad on tv or anywhere for this movie. I literally didn't even know it existed until a friend got tickets to an advance screening.

I don't know where you live, but here in Phoenix, two weeks prior to it coming out, up until the day of, there were dozens of commercials for it on numerous TV channels, both local and cable.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

So much law in this movie.

Law law law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Gonna have Karl Urban autograph my MegaCity One Book of Law tomorrow at Phoenix Comicon.

I am psyched.

• Locked thread