Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Kerbtree posted:

Eh, a second-hand 120Hz monitor and a pair of whatever brand glasses are appropriate for your GPU's doable.

You'll also need a brand specific transmitter for active shutter glasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

KoRMaK posted:

Last time I quoted this for myself (a year or two ago) it would run me like $300 to get the shutter glasses and a monitor that could do 3D (already have a video card).

I got an 27-inch Asus monitor that has a built in Nvidia 3D Vision transmitter and it came with a pair of Nvidia glasses. It wasn't exactly cheap (at least in Eurozone), but it's quite good.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

moths posted:

I completely love the effect, but gently caress wearing glasses on top of my glasses.

LG has a passive system and they sell clip-on type of polarized 3D-lenses that you can put on your glasses. They are really light and comfortable.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Krowley posted:

Any euro-goons know if the bluray version from Amazon UK has had its issues sorted out?

Apparently the picture quality is horrible according to these 1-star reviews.

The thing is that they actually shot the movie with cameras that can be very noisy especially in low light. I noticed the noisiness in the theater too.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Deakul posted:

Oh hell yeah, I was looking for this too!
Be still my wallet. :shepspends:

Those Ogre and Drokk albums are also on Spotify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
Wrong threaaadddd.

Pingiivi fucked around with this message at 12:48 on May 22, 2015

• Locked thread