Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I think in this case you could make a pretty good case that 3D barely helped the original.

I'd actually say that the 3D severely hurt the movie. Don't forget that at its release, the few ads/commercials that existed called it "DR3DD". This was during that peak of low budget shovel crap with the word "3D" tacked on as their only gimmick, so my only reaction to the ads that I saw about it were "Ha, gently caress that trash"...

How wrong I was to pass up my only chance to see it on the big screen :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

And to be clear, my problem was with the advertising and the rest of the crowd that the 3d stigma threw it into. As an aside, I'm a fan of 3d as long as it was either shot or rendered in 3d originally, but I can't stand the 2d->3d post cardboard cutout cash-ins

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Honestly Netflix has been really crap with its encoding of HD content lately (REALLY noticeable on Planet Earth) - with a movie like this, you're much better off either renting or buying the Blu Ray to get it in full quality

• Locked thread