Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
Sometimes I think the baggage and unreasonable expectations a franchise carries with it offsets the benefits of brand name recognition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

If drug makes time slow down for the user, perhaps their reaction time is much shorter? That would be pretty cool

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

Yeah basically, he's a brainwashed clone with no other interest than The Laaaaaah. The stories - even the good ones - have him as sort of an inhuman ur-policeman used as a vehicle for satire, horror or violent action. It's kind of a tricky character to write for as Dredd himself cannot be the direct target of satire, nor is he allowed to change; only the world around him can.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

CheechLizard posted:

This is like the complete opposite of Dredd. The problem with Dredd is the he has developed at such a slow pace, in real time, so if you just read the odd story then yea it looks like he's a brainwashed clone whose sole motivation is THE LAAAAAH but it's more complex than that.

That makes sense but I'm not sure how well that would come over to any audience without reading thousands of progs, specials and megazines. I stopped reading a long time ago but any time he was shown to be the outright bad guy (as opposed to the least worst bastard in MC1) or there was an potentially major character change (for example, dead man) he would -as mentioned earlier- default to upholding the 2000AD jocular rear end-kicking status quo the next week.

Is he actually ageing in real time? If so thats incredible.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 23, 2012

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

Hob_Gadling posted:

Trailer also has a consistent look all over, with every piece of equipment having this slightly overblown but not ridiculous look. Lawgiver looks like modernized Jatimatic, kneepads and eagle on shoulder are sleek and so on.

And not a million miles away from Carlos Ezquerra's designs in the early days. Huge-rear end shoulderpads never made much sense (I believe the big forehead badge is a respirator, though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

It's all about Chopper.

• Locked thread