Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Payndz posted:

So that leaves you with one-off weirdos like Call-Me-Kenneth, Dobey Queeg, Captain Skank, Father Earth and Barry Dreery (although I'd love to see 'The Game Show Show' done as a movie :haw: ), or doing a huge and insanely expensive epic like The Cursed Earth, The Judge Child or Block Mania/The Apocalypse War. I guess if you've only got a $40m budget, keeping it in one location with a new villain who fits it is about all you can do.

I'd love to see Barry's Questions game show. See how long it would take for an audience to crack.

Maybe something with Otto Sump? A hot dog run if they get a bigger budget or manage it better.

I remember watching the Stallone Dredd with a friend who knew gently caress all about him. I think my comments were along the lines of "Yeah, okay, that's supposed to be McGruder? Why is Judge Silver white and where's his giant scar and rockin' cane?" and so on and so forth until the big clone reveal which had me sitting there going "Yeah, so?" And then that bloody kiss.

I can see Karl Urban enjoying the gently caress out of playing Dredd but someone pointed out to me years ago that the perfect casting would be Jimmy Hill. I have not been able to unsee it ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

That's some excellent Carlos Ezquerra mouth Karl's got going on. I'd like to think the next words he says are either Stomm! or Drokk!

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Anger. And control. And something else.

Joe Dredd is a secret Glee fan.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Something with Galen DeMarco would be interesting. Or Judge whatsherface, the best cadet Dredd trained. What was her name?

Actually, the entire Pit storyline would be pretty excellent.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I am re-watching the movie yet again and one bit has always stood out as what I'd presume to be an attempt to make Dredd more sympathetic than his comic version. During the opening chase, Dredd refers to someone as "an innocent" rather than as "a citizen".

It is a bizarre difference and I haven't spotted anything that follows it up in the rest of the movie except, possibly, Dredd not arresting the homeless guy immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Alcholism Rocks posted:

I thought the guy referred to as "an innocent" got hit because he was jaywalking, he was wearing headphones while walking, and didn't look both ways before crossing the street, which would make him a criminal.

Yep. I presume it's a bit of dialogue from a version when they were trying to make Dredd more sympathetic and it got overlooked or something by the time they filmed it.

• Locked thread