Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaginal Engineer
Jan 23, 2007

jwoven posted:

Yeah, I can get by just fine on 50 minutes, but gently caress

Looks like if I go with the 150 minute voice, it comes with unlimited text messaging, as well as caller ID and voicemail. Toss in the 2gb data, and it's at a mere $70.

Promo plan has 200 minutes, unlimited text messaging, caller ID, voice mail, and 1gb data (the data flex) for $65.

Right now, I'm paying $40 for 50 minutes, unlimited text messaging, caller ID, voice mail, and 100mb data.

I'd love to go on Wind or Mobilicity (my sister is only paying $25 for unlimited everything) and they even have decent coverage in my area, but I don't want an android phone.

:smith:

You can get the same thing from Koodo for $35 (plus tax) and it's $30 if you use 25MB or less in a given month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaginal Engineer
Jan 23, 2007

Heners_UK posted:

Flextab yea or nay

I read over it and, like any other tab system, there seems to be no reason not to go for it. In the worst case you pay for something you would have had to pay for had you not got the tab (perhaps plus a small disconnection fee).

Vaginal Engineer
Jan 23, 2007

MoxSquad posted:

For example Koodo has a $30 a month plan with 150 Canada wide minutes, unlimited SMS and MMS, 200MB of data, and Caller ID/Voicemail is included. Probably can't do much better from the big 3 at that price level even through retentions.

Thanks for pointing this out. I was on a very similar plan, minus the data for the same price. So I just switched, and now can check my email even without wireless :).

Vaginal Engineer
Jan 23, 2007

tuyop posted:

Yes, minutes are minutes. But "anytime" minutes are used only when it's not an evening or weekend (depending on your plan).

However, they say that long distance takes from your anytime minutes.

Does this mean that, when it's an evening or weekend I have effectively unlimited long distance at that time?

If I get a koodo plan with 50 anytime minutes, and at 1:30pm on Wednesday I make a call to my buddy in Alberta from Toronto and we talk for 60 minutes, I've gone over my minutes and will be charged 20c per minute after 50.

If I do the same thing but it's Saturday instead, what happens? Do my local calls not subtract from my balance of 50 minutes but long distance calls do?

Koodo includes unlimited long distance calling during times when you have unlimited minutes.