Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
Sorry I'm sure these type of questions come up often, but will an unlocked Motorola XPRT work with Telus?

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_xprt-3946.php

Or the Spice Key?

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_spice_key-4046.php

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

Will a non-telus GSM phone be able to work with a telus data?

I ask this because I have a pretty good telus promo plan but I wanted to add data, I added a data-flex plan on their website. When I tried accessing the web on my phone it said "Browser cannot load this page because there is no internet connection". So I called them and apparently I can't add data on my plan :downs: Nothing in my plan stated I can't add data, nor did the data add-on state that I can't add it to my plan. They just told me I can't do it, and because it's a promotional plan and they're doing me such a huge favor I should be happy with what I got...

Anyways, I'm going to raise a stink again with Telus, but I wanna just confirm that data will actually work with a non-telus GSM phone with Telus.

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

ZShakespeare posted:

Is it unlocked? Which frequencies does it support? For a non-Telus phone to work on the Telus network it will need to be unlocked and operate on the 1900/2100 HSPA(+) frequency.

Devices that won't work typically come from Wind, Mobilicity, and T-mobile, though some Nokia phones and the GSM Galaxy Nexus should because they support all 5 common bands.

The phone is a Motorola XPRT that was originally a sprint phone. I already have the phone and it works fine, I can talk and text with it. But I can't tell if it would work with data yet.