Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grimarest
Jan 28, 2009
Can I haggle if I change carrier? I'm with fido in Quebec right now with a terrible phone and no data and my plan expired last month. I want an iphone, and the cheapest plan they offer me is 50$/month for :
-unlimited texting
-150 day mins/unlimited ingoing
-evenings & weekends from 5pm.
-500mo of data.

Trying to haggle with them by cancelling, they offered me free voicemail/caller id and wouldn't go over 500mo saying ''they don't offer more data''.

I'm a student but member of a professional network and they offer this amazing plan with Telus for 50$/month. It includes iphones :
-250 text messages
-voicemail/caller id
-200 day mins/unlimited ingoing
-evenings & weekends from 6pm.
-6go of data. (holy balls).
-250$ activation bonus. (basically free iphone?)

However I'm an avid texter and I know I will bust that 250 messages limit. They are also offering a similar plan with the same everything but 28$ plan with unlimited texting, 400 mins and no data.

Can I bargain on offers like that for unlimited text messaging for the data plan? I'm kinda bad at haggling :(.

edit : VVV thanks for the info, I'm calling tomorrow :).

Grimarest fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jul 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU