Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acetcx
Jul 21, 2011

MrZig posted:

I heard that 4.0.4's are getting the updates first. I got the Nexus almost as soon as it came out, it updated to 4.0.1 and has stayed there.. No update to Jellybean yet.

Edit: I just loaded up the Yakju 4.0.4 build onto my phone by following this guide:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1626895

I now have 4.0.4 working good, still no Jellybean update. Will check again in the morning.

If you installed yakju then you can manually update to 4.1.1 by following the instructions here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1419170

Alternatively you can just wait until you get the update over the air but who knows how long that will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acetcx
Jul 21, 2011
Yeah, I've been getting those every week or two for the last few months. I called Rogers and they said it was probably due to caller ID spoofing by telemarketers. They offered to give me a new phone number (thanks I guess???).

The calls always go missed before the first ring finishes but I'm pretty sure my number is getting spoofed too because sometimes people call me back like "WHY DID YOU CALL ME???". They always have the same area code and first three digits too. I've stopped answering those calls and I hope it doesn't get any worse.

acetcx
Jul 21, 2011
Just a heads up I used Roam 5 or 6 times over the course of a few years and at least two different (Android) devices and was never able to get tethering to work. It's clearly blocked at the ISP level and their customer support wasn't able to help beyond just repeating the same info from their FAQ over and over.

If you're not tethering though it works fairly well and yeah as mentioned above now that roam like home is standard it's not nearly as good of a deal as it used to be.