Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I think I'm getting sick of using prepaid plans. I've been using Virgin mobile for a few years now, thinking of maybe switching to WIND. I mean, I don't really use my phone as much right now but maybe I will if I switch to the 25$ plan?

Can I port a prepaid number over too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Wow, getting my number ported is a bit of a hassle. Can't receive calls so I call back to ask the sales guy at Mobilicity what the problem was, says I need the account number on my Virgin Mobile account. Not my PIN apparently, so I have to call Virgin's CS for it and the lady who gave me the number seemed to mumble it out for me. Hopefully it goes okay, I guess I'll see in a few hours if it does.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

It was a prepaid account so I never had any way to get ahold of it.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

If I outright buy a Moto X Play from any of the carriers, all I need to do is unlock it and my Mobilicity SIM should work fine right?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

McGavin posted:

Mobilicity and Wind phones use different frequencies from any of the other carriers, so their customers can't use Rogers' main network to begin with. I had to get a new phone to switch to Koodo.
I'm on Mobilicity/got switched onto Rogers. I'm getting 3G/HSPA+ on my Galaxy Nexus. Pretty sure that phone still supports Rogers' 3G bands from what I checked.

My Network says CAN Rogers Wireless Inc. and said CDN Roaming for a while during the transition (but not actual Roaming roaming). Is that different from being on their main network?