Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Anyone tried the prepaid phones/service they offer at 7-11? I rarely use the phone, so I'm thinking prepaid might be the way to go, since buying something like 100 minutes for $25 could last me for months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

less than three posted:

It uses Rogers, so if you're fine with mediocre urban service and lovely rural service, go for it. That's really the only downside.

Good to know. Mainly I'm thinking of getting it as it's the cheapest thing going, and I can use it as a landline replacement. And being a landline replacement for me, I probably won't even take it out of my home.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

rawrr posted:

If you're looking for a landline replacement, why not freephoneline.ca? Permanent number, and voicemails show up as audio attachments in your e-mail inbox. You can call out and receive calls through your computer too.

I may go that route, but I don't want to leave a PC on in a condo. It's hot enough already in there in the summer without a PC on all time. Even my laptop puts out an uncomfortable amount of heat at times.

Even if I got that Fongo thing, there are still a few small fees that overall would probably be more expensive than going prepaid.