Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I am trying to find a new phone plan and phone, and the lack of options is driving me crazy.
I currently have the $25 plan from Fido, with voicemail addon. It comes to $48 a month. I don't have a contract, and never have had one as I have always bought unlocked phones. I have about $250 fido dollars in my account. If I have to, I will sign a 3 year contract.

I have an HTC Desire now, but after 2 years and several drops, it doesn't work very well.

I want to upgrade to an HTC One S or a Galaxy 3s, as well as get a data plan.
I just about never talk on the phone, but I text a lot.
I am trying to find minimal talk minutes, unlimited text, data above 500mb (although I have no idea what my usage will be like) and voicemail, but no one seems to have anything suitable that isn't $70/month plus tax, which is too much.

I am considering using WIND, but I am worried that I won't get the coverage I need. I am a musician and play out of the GTA regularly, and don't want to get hit with roaming fees, especially if I need to use the data to look something up online.
The Rogers 6/gb promotion seemed decent, but it doesn't have voicemail, which means I have to pay even more.
The only data plan Fido offers on 3 year contracts is 500mb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

less than three posted:

Koodo has 100m, 7pm E/W, CDP/VM, unlimted messaging and 2GB for $55. If you really use no minutes you can chop $5 by going to 50 anytime minutes. Long distance is included for both.

Koodo doesn't seem to have any good phones though.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Scudworth posted:

Buy an unlocked phone somewhere, which is what you said you always do anyway.

I was trying to avoid it, since I want the HTC One S or Galaxy 3s, which are both $600 phones.

It seems like Fido has the best upgrade for my needs, but even with $220 fido dollars, the phone comes out to almost as much with tax as it would be just buying the phone from them.