Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monsieur N
Dec 4, 2004

Fear the monkeys !
I just saw this on Vidéotron's website.

Looks like a "good deal" compared to what I have with bell. I think it's time to change my old nexus one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monsieur N
Dec 4, 2004

Fear the monkeys !
I just replaced my N1 with the new Galaxy S3 and it's great. Only 2 thing.

1. A bunch of apps I can't delete, which is not a big deal.
2. I used the GPS only to realize that it uses an "insane" amount of data.(thing that didn't happen with the N1)

Anyway I was looking for a gps receiver on ebay. The comments are from 2010 and I have no idea if it actually works with android. Do any of you know if it works or any model in particular that I should look for ?

Monsieur N fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jul 25, 2012

Monsieur N
Dec 4, 2004

Fear the monkeys !
I thought all the data was used by acquiring my position through triangulation. I will try again later today, I preloaded my area in google maps.

Monsieur N
Dec 4, 2004

Fear the monkeys !
For anyone living in Québec, Videotron is offering a plan with 6gb of data, caller id, voicemail, unlimited sms for 55$ + taxes(~63$).

Monsieur N
Dec 4, 2004

Fear the monkeys !
This is the third call I got from them. At first at thought it was a error because I don't owe any money. Here is the message they left.

"Yes, this is Mr. Cole. We have your contact number regarding a matter in our office. If you would please contact us as soon as possible, it is very important. Our number here is toll free 866-421-4920, again that number is toll free 866-421-4920. I am require to inform you that this is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose."

All I have is a phone number no company name. I looked up the number and a bunch of people received the exact same message. It just looks like some kind of scam so I haven't called back, Plus I live in Québec their message is only english. It's weird.

How do I deal with this ?

Monsieur N
Dec 4, 2004

Fear the monkeys !
Just got Jelly Bean on my galaxy S3 this morning. I'm with vidéotron.

Monsieur N
Dec 4, 2004

Fear the monkeys !
How is kodoo ? I know they use the telus network so it should be fine where I am. They are offering a pretty decent plan(unlimited Canada wide calling and 1gb of data for 35$) and I'm thinking of switching.

Monsieur N
Dec 4, 2004

Fear the monkeys !
For anyone in Québec, Koodo and Fido (maybe virgin but didn't see it) is offering :

1gb data
unlimited call canada-wide
unlimited international text messages sent and received within canada

for 34$ (~ 39,50$ with taxes and 911 fee)

the Koodo deal ends today(fido too probably).

Monsieur N
Dec 4, 2004

Fear the monkeys !
I came here to post the exact same thing :highfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monsieur N
Dec 4, 2004

Fear the monkeys !
I don't know how you feel about fido but they offer 2 years spotify. I'm currently with koodo and their coverage so far have been pretty good. I kinda want to move to fido for that spotify offer but I'm wondering how good rogers coverage is in Québec.