Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frogg
May 20, 2006

walrus bottle

ZeeBoi posted:

Yeah, I'm dealing with this too right now. Switched my number recently and almost immediately kept getting calls from a company called IQOR. Added them to my contacts and made sure "send to voicemail" was checked. Usually catches the calls immediately.

I got calls from IQOR too when I signed up for a new plan/number with Fido. Their automated machine would call me twice a day without fail and I spent about two months getting upset about the whole thing. I kept bugging poor Fido reps but they couldn't do anything about it, they did leave a note on my account for a free number change but I never followed up on that.

I eventually caved and followed through with the instructions on the auto-dialer message (press # to be transferred) and it put me through to some lady to whom I politely explained my situation. She asked me for my number, asked if I was [name] and apologized when I told her I wasn't. I never heard from them again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frogg
May 20, 2006

walrus bottle
I went nuts on my data usage last month since I was mostly on the road and my bill was 30 bucks higher than I'd expected. I had the $58 Fido special from a while back (2GB data, unlimited calling/texts/pictures and visual voicemail and caller ID) until now, but after 611'ing Fido yesterday to see if I could weasel out of those overage charges again they ended up selling me on a new plan.

I'm now paying $64/mo. We agreed to cut down my unlimited calls to 400 daytime minutes (free from 6-10pm) since my calls never last too long and I'll never use that much anyway. This was in exchange for bumping my data up to 6GB. It's basically that $58 plan with less minutes and more data for an extra $6. That's pretty good right? It seems way better than a lot of the plans I'm seeing posted here but hardly anyone mentions Fido in this thread. Is there a downside (like terrible coverage or something) that I'm not seeing? I'm in a biggish city (Edmonton) so that hasn't been an issue yet.

Also, I couldn't get that $30 overage charge waived but they did offer to wipe it in exchange for signing me up for a 2 year contract which costs $12.50 to break out of anytime. I was paying month-to-month before and it was nice so I probably should have just eaten the charge and stuck with it, but this doesn't seem too awfully bad either. About 17 bucks cheaper even if I cancel it long before the 2 years are up.

frogg fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 10, 2013