Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uinfuirudo
Aug 11, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

I want to be interested in Japanese politics. I really do. I like Japan, I have lots of friends there, but I just can't. It's so boring. Another year, another prime minister, a bunch of party infighting or some poo poo, and then nothing terribly important continues to happen.

You arent doing it right, Japanese politics if you are a political junkie are dull, but there is plenty of crazy to gawk at, right wing groups in busses, weird religious parties, and other things that are insane by our standards.

MaterialConceptual posted:

EDIT: I think one thing that distinguishes Japanese politics from politics in Canada and probably most advanced capitalist countries is that the parties (Except the Communists, sort of...) don't have youth wings in the universities. Making them even more incestuous and lifeless than usual.

See: Kan, Naoto. No really he married his cousin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU