Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Discendo Vox posted:

I'd love to learn more about international and intra-national racial or nationalist sentiments in Japan and the surrounding region. I'm profoundly ignorant of the history of the area. I have no clue, for instance, why there's negative perception of SK in Japan. Where's a good place to get some infoposting (or a good nonfiction book) on these issues?

The negative perception of South Korea stems from Koreas time as effectively a colony under Imperial Japan. Imperial Japan had, as part of its ideology, a concept of east asian racial hierarchy with the Japanese at the top with a mission to civilize their less fortunate and less developed cousins through east asia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Trying to define a genre is like trying to exert control over language as a single person. It’s a waste of time. Genre boundaries are extremely fluid and arbitrary and the fact that people DON’T call the Soulslike games JRPGs is proof of that. The only purpose of specific genre titles like JRPG is so that you can allude to what kinds of games a given game might be similar to.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Lammasu posted:

Also, most conspiracy theories about American machinations assume no other country has any agency.

It’s this. Just regular old “ah only Great Powers do anything”.