Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

A sexy submarine posted:

Liberal Democratic Party of Japan: (lit – Liberal Democracy party)

This is so :3:, It's hard to think that its the logo of a major political party in one of the world's most important democracies.

Are other party logos like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

MaterialConceptual posted:

I've always found those kind of signs a bit creepy (it's not just the LDP that uses them) because they're so at odds with the reality of what they're supposed to represent. (Corrupt club of power-hungry privileged bigoted old men lording over the grey machinery of the Japanese state) -> (HAPPY CHILDREN PLAYING IN THE SUN :D)

I guess it's nice that propaganda in Japan doesn't take the jingoistic style common in the USA, but I still find it sort of creepy.

Well, if you're just comparing logos to logos, the Democrat and Republican logos look like something generated by a souless ad company robot. At least here it looks like someone actually cared about the false image they were presenting

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

ErIog posted:

:japan: culture

I don't think this is unique to Japan, at least in the general sense (i.e. people in a culture not really being comforatble talking about its deficiencies. I think that in general (though not 100%) people in any culture learn to live with whatever bullshit their culture has adopted and become uncomfortable and/or dismissive if someone points this out to them.

Take the gun culture in the U.S. It's true that gun violence is out of control in this country. But when anyone mentions that we should do something about it, if you don't get the "ARE GUNS :bahgawd:" response than at best the response is sympathetic but uninterested because either the :bahgawd: side will never let it happen and/or the task is impossible.