Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

MaterialConceptual posted:

Nuclear power has a lot of positive points to it, but there is so much public opposition to it that the development of alternative energy sources should be supported (So that anti-nuclear doesn't just equal pro-coal or pro-natural gas).

Yeah, I honestly don't care all that much if they stick with nuclear or not, so long as they aren't replacing it with coal or gas.

Mercury_Storm posted:

Whenever a Japanese person says something like "isn't Japanese difficult?" I assume it to mean they actually think their language is difficult because the number of Kanji they have had to memorize is insane. Not that they think "oh this pathetic foreigner can never possibly understand our superior language."

That makes sense to me, I remember meeting an middle-aged woman from Japan who had been in the US for a few years, and in that short span of time she had already forgotten enough kanji to have difficulty reading a Japanese newspaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I dunno, given Jackson's pure hatred for the Bank of the United States, it seems a fitting irony that he should prominently feature on one of the most common and valuable denominations of yet another central bank. :v: