Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide

Al-Saqr posted:

I think you made a really big omission by failing to mention the fact that Koizumi beat Kim Jong-Il, the Chinese communist party followed by a Frankenstein Mao Zedong, George Bush (both of them), the pope, Putin, and rescued the world from a space Nazi invasion lead by a demigod Hitler and his evil twin children through the power of Mahjong.

The legend of Koizumi

I was about to post that myself. Koizumu :allears:

Would anyone care to give me an overview of rural politics in Japan? I'm aware that rural areas have lots of political influence when you consider their small populations, but other than that I don't know much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Any word on when they're going to stop covering the countryside in concrete? That might save a few bucks.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Weatherman posted:

Now that the LDP's back in, they're going to put the accelerator of the concrete-pouring machine to the floor, so no time soon, I expect.

I thought as much :smithicide:

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Ganguro King posted:

This is already an actual thing on the local level in rural areas. One place in Tottori even brought in a literal busload of women from Osaka for one of their matchmaking events.

They've been doing it since at least the 1980s. There's an academic article on the subject here.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Vagabundo posted:

Ignore it, pretend everything's ticketyboo and it'll go away sooner or later.

This is basically japan.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

:siren:Shots fired:siren:

e: wait, poo poo wrong thread

Morton Salt Grrl fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Aug 20, 2015