Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'd love to learn more about international and intra-national racial or nationalist sentiments in Japan and the surrounding region. I'm profoundly ignorant of the history of the area. I have no clue, for instance, why there's negative perception of SK in Japan. Where's a good place to get some infoposting (or a good nonfiction book) on these issues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Lightning Lord posted:

I think almost all of the high school stuff gets translated because it's super popular among nerds, so it looks dominant to us.

I'm sure there are some nerds on a foreign message board right now asking why American movies are nothing but superheroes.

Some sort of internet nerd exchange program would be fascinating.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

What is the nature, funding, and quality of japanese political polling?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

What spectrum of policy changes might lead to improved gender equality and less...horribleness...in Japan?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I am confused both by LDP doing this, and by TelSUR covering it. Is it being folded into some sort of nationalist volk narrative?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The important question is “is he barred from public office”.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

"New"?

Happy Science has been around for almost 40 years.

As in "new religion", the term for the various relatively recent, at least cult-adjacent mystical movements that have cropped up particularly since the 60s and 70s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Kavros posted:

the killing of shinzo abe was such a fascinatingly successful action not because of apathy. the presence of and actions of the unification church are the story behind the story in terms of "how what they are made this reaction make sense" — there was no effective condemnation of the attacker's motivations, it just immediately turned a spotlight directly at the unification church's political inroads and corrupt practices enabled by it.

i have always had a lot of hate in my heart for the tongilgyo but it was never something i could translate to a western audience what kind of presence they have and what it turned into or why specifically you could end up caring about it like this. It would be like if scientology basically had pet presidents and was the largest individual church in the states by 2035, then one day president vivek ramaswamy gets exploded by the Killdozer while giving a stump speech and made it very clear it is because vivek had spent his entire political career being a scientology asset, and Sea Org took Killdozer guy's whole family to the cleaners and left him in poverty. and within a day of the killing, like three quarters of the entire country goes "oh! THAT'S why he blew him up? well, ... I mean ... yeah ... its not that i agree with killing political leaders, necessarily ... but ... i mean, if it was because of scientology ... yeah that got pretty bad huh" and from then on out its months of similar stories coming out about scientology graft snaking vines deeply into the political system and absolutely, no hyperbole, ruining lives completely

So the LDS in Utah.