Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

I've always been a fan of let's plays ever since they first started to appear on Youtube; I don't know exactly when they started to appear to nor do I remember, it just sort of happened. Watching one or two videos of a let's play has been a part of my almost daily routine now - I tend to do it while eating. I had stumbled across some post in another forum telling about how the whole Let's Play was, essentially, started on the SomethingAwful forums. I didn't think to check out how the forums would be, because it was something only mentioned in passing, but a few days after this one of my friends happened to mention them. I asked what she was here for, and as ashamed as I am to admit it now, it turned out to be Dangan Ronpa. I don't care much for watching anime anymore, yet I obliged with at least reading the OP of what Dangan Ronpa was about since it was linked to me. And since I was already on the SomethingAwful forums, I might as well stay for a while and lurk, right? I started to do it for a few hours at a time, eventually ending up reading most of what was 10 or so most recent pages of the Leper's Colony. The, "STOP. You need a forums account to view this" on a pink background really started to drive me insane for a bit, as did a few other things for non-members, so I caved and bought an account. I didn't even need to know what FYAD was, anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

coyo7e posted:

I thought I was gonna play EVE. Then I got distracted because goonswarm takes a long-rear end time to join.

Never did play EVE.

Came for Eve; stayed for who knows why. My first post in this thread is mostly bollocks.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

Quickscope420dad posted:

I'm redacting my original answer to this question and replacing it with the following:

I became a goon to get laid.

Goon love is the best love.

• Locked thread