Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

I've always been a fan of funny game glitches but here are a couple of my new favourites courtesy of the Sims Lets play thread:

Haine posted:

Okay, I think I figured it out. When you hit the 'add dog' button, it'll give you a random kind of dog. What you have to do is go into the 'Breed' tab and select something of the opposite size, like if it initially gives you a small dog, select a large breed. Then go into 'Shape', then 'Advanced', and it'll either explode or implode:

I don't know if they fixed this in the latest patch or not, though, since I'm on 1.34. But knowing the track record this game has with patches, probably not. v:v:v

These things seem stable enough. I ran a neighborhood for about an in-game month with the first one running around and it worked normally.
Of course now that I've said that, the game will probably poo poo itself horribly and never work again.

Haine posted:

I gotta wonder what would happen if I bred some of these things together.

You're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I used to get that same glitch even in Oblivion and same again in Skyrim. I liked trying to decorate my house with all my precious shinies but putting them into a nice bowl on the table usually resulted in their reaching some weird gem critical mass and exploding all over the house.

Funny glitch I think might be a glitch but could have been actual gameplay was that quest in Skyrim you have to go into a cave where people are summoning something and interrupt it. So I head there and cave is full of mages AND skeleton guys who are all just chilling together and I don't have any armour because I found a pretty dress... yeh anyway I had this thing where I love to see what's the furthest target I can hit with an arrow and I actually managed to plug some skeleton waaaay off into the distance.

This does something to the AI or fucks up what gets blamed for the attack and the skeleton guys loving go apeshit on the mage guys and all manner of hell breaks loose and the guys doing the summoning end up being killed and I get the 'you have successfully stopped blah blah blah' without having even been spotted by them. I go in and pick off the survivors, collect loot.

I didn't know it was supposed to trigger cutscenes and dialogue and poo poo until I attempted a playthrough using a melee character. Kinda wish I'd recorded it but maybe it'd still work, I'd try again but they ruined the game with loving killcam on arrows.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Forgall posted:

Octodad, what happened to you?!

He's branching out into other games.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

DetectiveSlowpoke posted:

That Skyrim video reminded me that I encountered something weird (who would of thought). I was just finishing one of the main quests and had to talk to Delphine to continue. She wasn't in the hideout and when I turned around she was right behind me with a bunch of npc's. This is what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGmu2BbUbWI

I ended up having to do the reset ai console command since she became hostile to me and wouldn't de-aggro.

Skyrim had some of the funniest poo poo like that happen. I never did get an entire town to fight over a necklace though, sadly, I dropped gems/enchanted poo poo all over town and all that happened is guards told me off for littering. Be nice to see them pick poo poo up, sell it for good gear and then be going around in it. Like in morrowind if you sold good gear to a shopkeeper first thing they'd do is put it on.

I also had a follower moment that sadly I didn't film where you meet whatsisname from the stormcloaks finally and somehow he was aggroed to the npc's still so when Lydia burst in late she buried an axe in the guys head. I'm pretty sure that wasn't supposed to happen.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Kimmalah posted:

Yes, it also freaks out a lot under completely normal conditions too. :v:

These aren't all glitches but I'm quite fond of these three vids showcasing some of the bizzare laughs to be had with this game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F84oQejFvss (Skyrim: The Good the Bad and the Dovahkiin)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5_O4u1F9As
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo2efCOzkqo