Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Chamale posted:

Everything I did in my TAS segment is possible to do on an unmodified copy of the game, such as catching a glitch, fighting the gyms in (almost) reverse order, and fighting Professor Oak's team of level 111 Pokémon. Lots of the glitches exist because the early Pokémon games strained the Gameboy hardware and shuffled around data to handle everything with only 8 kilobytes of RAM.

You could practically reprogram the game if you know the right combination of memory corruption glitches and button presses.

This video is physically possible to do on a stock Gameboy Color (if you're Data from Star Trek or something): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UnB1fomvAw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Brofessor Slayton posted:

It's not quite random, but I remember messing around in that tram as a child, as I was bored waiting for the game to actually start. You can crouch-jump out of the back window if you time it right, and run along the track. You'll never be able to get back in, and the game is now unwinnable. Of course, you can just start again, and not move, and you'll just have to wait a few minutes to get where you're meant to go.

On that note, in Black Mesa (the Source engine HL remake), I managed to gib myself by jumping onto the office chair behind the front desk.
Also, in Blue Shift, I tried crouch-jumping through the "teller window" to your right in the first room of the game and gibbed myself.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

I fuckin knew it man.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
I can't believe I just found about Homing Dynamite in Red Dead Redemption:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZATBDToJys

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Zereth posted:

I think it was to actually get the game into a state that controller input is overwriting the actual game code, and then that is used to write the Pong and Snake games.

Yeah, as soon as the game freezes, the display to the right fills up with thousands of button presses from eight seperate controllers. That's where all the programing happened.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
Here's 10 minutes of maybe the same guy setting up photo ops for the in-game camera (9:00 is the money shot, you have to at least watch that one).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpZwGwPTYxE

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Tunicate posted:

An unsettling omen.

So yeah, that was an pretty accurate computer simulation, aside from the cyber-fetus forming on the 50-yard line.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

TaurusTorus posted:

So you missed the half-time show?

Holy poo poo... Jon Bois is some kind of time wizard!

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Decrepus posted:

I am glad bridge building simulators intentionally use wacky physics and cool poo poo unlike farming, trucking, or train simulators.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

I can't tell if he's trying to open the box or run past it.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

What does this do?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

HenryEx posted:

Here's a wikipedia link.

You could have probably found that out yourself in like 5 seconds.

There's a typo in you lmgtfy.com link.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
If you line up your backswing between your legs you can use a crotch thrust to add power to your swing.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

At least ref stoppages aren't a thing in-game (or I hope they aren't).

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Ak Gara posted:

Works for Rocky!

I don't know man...

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
That's my favorite scene from Dead Space.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Alpha3KV posted:

I did notice that several of the bad results ended up looking like they're wearing blackface, even on models already using dark skin.

I think it's spreading the shadow (under the nose/chin/ect) shading around at random.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Captain Lavender posted:

Pretty minor glitch in Dragon Age: Origins. I'm playing the dwarf origin story as the noble dwarf. In that, you have an assistant that fights with you. He has a nice sword, so I took it from him so I wouldn't lose it at the end (which it turns out I was wrong about anyway - you do lose it regardless).

But when I tried to put it back on him, he didn't have the stats to wield it. So I had to go through some challenging darkspawn sections with him just punching. It was a dumb thing.

It took him a week to psych himself up enough to pick up a sword his dad told him he couldn't play with. You expect him to pull the same thing twice in one day?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
"Power leveling" in Castlvania: Harmony of Dissonance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efkf5qcitX0

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

FredMSloniker posted:

Speaking of TAS glitching, here's a speedrun of Mega Man that's just... magical. It starts off tamely enough, but by the end the world is shattered beyond repair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lnogpRPvY4

Too long for my tastes. THIS is more like it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaDdLJjepZI

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Lobok posted:

I love the timing on the ref's animation. Like he wants to make sure he gets a good look at Cena's face hitting the mat and then he doesn't care after that.

Bret Hart isn't a full-time ref, cut him some slack.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

It's the loving best when the physics engine is just sloppy enough to gently caress up like this, but still stable enough to roll with it.

Pneub has a new favorite as of 07:54 on Jan 26, 2015

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
The van that hit his car seemed to be going 100mph in reverse.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Bussamove posted:

I would play the hell out of Slax Payne.

They already made the TV series (without the slax):

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/assy-mcgee/murder-by-the-docks/

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Snapchat A Titty posted:

In Flashback you could run through walls if you walk up and stand with your back to the wall, then run away from it and immediately turning to the wall again and switching to walking. I guess it brings you exactly past the collision detection. In 99% cases it's useless, but this guy does pretty well speedrunning the first stage using it several times (first at about 0:08 to drop down at the left side of the screen, skipping almost a third of the level):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d96SOMiHioM

In the vast majority of cases though, you'll end up in a stalemate due to skipping some item needed for later, or falling to your death.

Someone actually came up with a second walk-through-walls method at some point that's faster in a few spots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_18pqwKW9s&t=3m03s

2) Foward-facing wall glitch (i.e., the newer method)
- (You'lll need 5 steps of flat space next to the wall in order to glitch it.)
- Face the wall from exactly 5 steps away (equivalent to a full roll).
- Start to run towards the wall. Once you start to move, release the run button, but keep pressing the direction button towards the wall.
- Once Conrad breaks into a walk, press and hold the run button, and continue to run through the wall.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuxF_ebaeSA

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
Sonic 3D Blast "cheat code":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvjA4PlNYkw

When you get a fatal error it kicks you into the level select screen for some reason.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Dewgy posted:

The Genesis always just keepin' on keepin' on, even when you yank the cart halfway out, is never not funny to me.

I still can't tell if it's a glitch or intentional, but if you get to Altered Beast's title screen, pull the cartridge out without turning off the system, put in Strider, then hit reset, boom, you have infinite lives in Strider.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Fathis Munk posted:

What did you do to that poor horse :ohdear:

What? It's a quarter-horse.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...t2=&authorName=

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
Glitchy Small Pools of Water chat :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2hv6KieAWg (really out of context God of War 2 spoilers)

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

MisterBibs posted:

It's hard to hear because of the voices being spoken over it, there's a glitch in Bionic Commando: Rearmed where you constantly scream after pulling off a trick. Basically your character is supposed to scream when he falls from a significant height and stop when he lands. Using an elevator in some way, you can prevent the whole "stops when he lands" part.

It's like he developed a RARE SCREAMING DISEASE.

Related

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
Technically not a game glitch, but I'll allow it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhTLDV9qPZ4

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Digirat posted:

In the new deus ex there's typical security guards that patrol this large building. If you knock them out they always have about 8 handgun bullets on them you can loot. I think the game somehow loaded the wrong thing on one of them though, because he had 8 beers instead :psyduck:

Luckily I was able to non-lethally subdue this police officer, who is asleep and was not murdered:

Pro-Tip: In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, buy every available arm strength upgrade as soon as possible. This allows you to rocket corpses not dead people three blocks away into a crowd of bystanders/police with plenty of time to pick out a safe viewing balcony.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
Throwing in an empty post or two to help push this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN
thread to a new page.