Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TheMover posted:

You see, I'm not sure this a glitch because I think the game is -supposed- to be like this? But, I'm not sure and also I... I just
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjQejI1A7-I
What is this? Does anybody even know?

(If I recall correctly, I think this was once featured in a past Awfulvision)

It's fighter maker. A game with the promise of making your own fighter down to their movements and animations. Which almost nobody did because that is both really tedious and the in game system was absolutely atrocious. Don't want to use the default? Hope you like making what was effectively stop motion slides for each of the parts of the punch. The best part was the animation didn't have to have any correlation to the move itself so you could make a self inflicted crotch punch a full-screen super for instant KOs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

End of Shoelace posted:

also reminds me of the dungeons and dragons "peasant railgun". i dont remember the specifics but there is a clause where npcs can pass eachother an item in less than a turn, which is 6 seconds. someone calculated that if you hired a ton of peasants and arranged them in a spiral, with enough peasants the rock would be passed so fast in 6 seconds that when the last peasant in line tosses it, it launches at almost two times the speed of sound and obliterates anything

Sadly the peasant railgun doesn't work for dealing damage; according to the rules of DnD the object gains no velocity passing between each peasant so the final peasant can only make whatever piss-poor attack they make by throwing a rock.

Conversely, however, you can build an infinitely powerful instantaneous sextum computer in DnD using the above trick of instantaneous minor actions + the various spells to animate skeletons to have skeleton hands act as logic gates. You'll eventually need other wizards to help you make your skeleton computer bigger, but, thankfully due to the existence of pixies and other even smaller boned creatures in DnD you can keep Moore's law working even when using foul necromancy.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

haveblue posted:

Hey, if he didn't see it, it didn't happen.

I told you hiring Didymus to ref was a bad idea

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Angry Diplomat posted:

Perfect Dark for the Game Boy Colour was a top-down isometric Metal Gear-esque shooter so utterly, completely different from the N64 game as to be unrecognizable. It also had a weird lumpy cartridge with an integrated rumble pack and a genuinely distressing death scream whenever you died.

The game also worked with the gameboy printer and the Gameboy to N64 transfer pack so the thing was hilariously over engineered for what it was. It also probably has the second hardest tutorial after the first Driver and despite the difficulty the tutorial doesnt teach you how to play the first thing you do in the actual game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Am i the only one who builds massive vaginas in games? Have I just slipping under the radar all these years because moderators could no longer see the forest for the cocks?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dabir posted:

whether you start out with a full set of gear or not is also their decision to make

Yeah, this is why most of these games now you start with every stat-calculating slot filled at the start of the game with nigh-on useless junk and the game won't allow you to remove stuff unless you have a replacement for it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

I definitely played some DOS shareware games where the game speed was directly proportional to your CPU speed so they basically only worked with one specific processor, but it is weird that that would be a problem as late as 98'. I don't think it ever even occurred to me to try the real time mode in Cyberstorm, though.

Blade Runner in 97 has a bomb whose countdown is based on tics of your processor so before this new GoG rerelease you could play just fine and dandy then hit that part and instantly explode over and over with no recourse.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Remember when triangle was cancel on some early playstation games? Yeah that sucked.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The best use of the kinect ever was sports game ls saying "the manager is getting heated!" Or tossing you unsportsmanlike conduct penalties when it detected swearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I mean, its all a very overcomplicated solution to "disable chat by default", the thing statistically the vast majority of players either prefer or don't care about.