Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Landerig posted:

Who the hell coded the physics engine for this and why were they allowed near a computer?

I've always thought that all games should have a mode that activates once you've finished it (or whenever, really) that lets you go nuts with the physics. It may break everything and leave you with a bizarre sandbox, but it could still be some fun.
Like that frictionless cars mode in GTA, but lets have that happening to tanks and Koreans in Crysis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Lobok posted:

Why someone would title this "i quit videogames" is beyond me. This kind of stuff is amazing. I want seatbelts and airplanes to work 100% correctly 100% of the time, but videogames? The stuff that doesn't work is half the fun.

Every game with a physics engine needs to have a NG+ mode where it just randomises some settings so things goes mental. If the level becomes unwinnable just let me restart it with other settings. Small price to pay for rampant buffoonery.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

spog posted:

Glad it's not just me that's making sudden loud noises while watching this.

They should never fix this. If it worked properly, it would be dull as poo poo to me.

Something that glitches in humourous ways would be much more entertaining.

I think every game with a physics engine should have a crazy mode where it all goes nuts. Warn the player it'll probably make the game unwinnable or crash-prone but let them at it. If you're precious about your game then hide it behind having to complete the game first or something.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Do all those parts just make damage numbers bigger, or do they also do something cool?

"Cool" is a bit strong, but they can all make numbers bigger for both attack and defence as well as how much stuff you might find, how long you can fly for, how close to stuff you need to be before you auto-grab it and so on. I haven't found any items that do anything outlandishly fun like "cause enemies to turn into homing exploding turnips on death".