Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

HappyKitty posted:

Oh god, that part at 1:15 where he just lies down resignedly in the poop mound with feces still streaming from his anguished buttocks :allears:

This is a pretty interesting post when you're just casually browsing and think you've clicked on the Schadenfreude thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

FF4 64 Door Glitch

That reminds me a bit of the shenanigans you can get up to in the classic Link's Awakening map glitch (except it's sideways rather than vertical levels), that's sorta my favorite game glitch of all since it's one I found myself in the pre-internet era (back when I had few enough games to just mess around in each one for a year+ at a time).

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

terrenblade posted:

There's a lets play on the archive demonstrating this. It is outstanding.

https://lparchive.org/Legend-of-Zelda-Links-Awakening/

Yeah, this one's great. It's good enough that I occasionally throw it on again for some background entertainment, it's worth a watch even if LPs aren't your usual thing.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

This is the most amazing one to see out of context while randomly scrolling through the thread, it's tiny/pixelated enough on my phone that I thought it was a water skier until the end, then BAM

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Fun times, I loved when that one screwed up on physics or event cues.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/910317785128910848/pu/vid/1280x720/ffyHtjveKsfwjncW.mp4

I think my biggest laugh was at this spawned vehicle, the timing (especially with the sound effect) was just :kiss:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

ItBreathes posted:

Dinklebot was some of the most phoned-in voice acting I've ever heard, but North's ghost sounds like a dork and it bugs the crap out of me.

I'll always secretly miss Dinklebot a tiny bit, it was entertaining in a more meta way, like they invented robots and AI but never quite worked out the bugs at making them interesting or relatable. Sorta like the uncanny valley but for personality.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I don't care about wrestling or wrestling games and I kinda want to pick it up, looks like their plan worked.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Feature, not a bug.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Dead Jedi posted:

Jedi Fallen Order. I somehow made Bogano jump into Hyperspace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvZuJRQ6Gtk

I would pay $0.99 to unlock this as a mod

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I dunno, that first guy seems pretty close to how I'd react to seeing that irl.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Honestly, if someone has that level of skill and love for climbing, it seems like a real shame to take the option away from them.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

A literal OH MY GOD from me when it popped up

Friendship ended with Skyrim mod, now RE2make mod is my best friend

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lmao how did I never run into those. The game's full of little entertainingly janky things, but somehow I never saw someone just quietly floating off to their eternal reward.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Unperson_47 posted:

Space Station 13 is one of the greatest games ever made and I say that as a person who has never played it.

It's definitely at the apex of games I like to read about but cannot imagine actually playing.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

pV=nSS13T

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I don't even know what's going on but I really want to believe it's somehow Luigi's Mansion related.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

Uneven surfaces can really be a bitch when it comes to jumping, yeah. Fallen Order has a few really funny sections where you need to wall hangle your way across a curved surface and, well, the developers didn't take into account that jumps do not involve curves except in the downward direction. You can try to wall-jump to the side a little and just fall right into a bottomless pit because the game doesn't magnetize you the nearest surface. Just "hup -> *splat*." It's hilarious to watch it happen to someone for the first time.

Oh, I should've posted here. Fallen Order has some other goofy terrain stuff too, like where you're glued a bit too strongly to the ground and you end up standing at a 45-degree angle fighting against the person next to you who's not on that piece and is just standing normally. Also:

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://i.imgur.com/2NayCCI.mp4
(spoilered for endgame fight)
I've had a couple goofy lightsaber bugs in this playthrough, but this one is really something else. I was too busy :hmbol:ing and trying to get screenshots to live much longer after this.

I didn't want to link the ending fight directly but apparently you can't just spoiler videos themselves.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

For a moment, I actually thought that was just a legitimate new attack. And then it just didn't stop.

Yeah, there's so much saber throwing in the later fights that it confused me too. Also it's entertaining to learn that relative orientation is an inherent property of lightsabers even when glitched out in every other way.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

StandardVC10 posted:

This one somehow reminds me of a bird flying into a window

:hmmyes:
What we needs is some owl silhouettes on that wall

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

drat, climate change really has screwed everything up

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Speaking of things floating away, I'm enjoying Rise of the Tomb Raider this weekend - it's mostly a really well-done game, but things often get a little bit ...odd when you fall to your death.

https://i.imgur.com/hlFeNFS.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

Imagine a dipshit god....

*lives in the US in 2020 :911:*

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Personally I hope we still get flailing NPCs stuck in geometry even when we achieve holodeck levels of gaming technology.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Not a glitch so much as a funny artifact of programming, but it turns out a train in Fallout 3 is actually a hand in-game

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I don't think I'd have the heart to fight him at that point :smith:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Aidan_702 posted:

Officially not a glitch but Ha. The tweet above showing the unlocked camera during cutscenes is pretty good too.

Haha awesome, I just played through that having a lot of fun with the camera mode, glad to see there's something going on when it's locked.

ToxicFrog posted:

I think I may be avoiding the Chameleon spell from now on.

:confused:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm gonna say that's a yellow card

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Krankenstyle posted:

the combination of the realistic ambient sounds with the stoic silence of the people is a huge plus for those glitches

Absolutely, I started giggling when I read that because it was an instant flashback to my reaction watching it years ago.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

Forgot about my all time favoritest one, I'm crying laughing rn.

FAPPO!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Keep it, just make sure nobody gets an unfair advantage from having a wall of beefy boys

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lord Lambeth posted:

the sense I get is that code is a patchwork of duct tape and chicken wire that miraculously manages to function. So

So that's where radium went

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Gonna need more proof this was a glitch and not just the culmination of a long series of game design decisions

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Half Life physics are a harsh mistress, I've been gibbed from full health by a thin plank landing on me when some friendly NPCs were trying to help me into their building.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

Dunno if this has ever been posted in here before, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eaG7MVaqD8

This is so perfect.

Better writing & comedic timing than anything Rockstar has intentionally produced in years

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

GyverMac posted:

I have no idea why the game suddenly decided to render a huge head outside the helicopter, but okay I guess!

Why do people keep claiming features are bugs

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cleretic posted:

so, the code causing the bug wasn't even in the same game as where the bug happened?

Sad that this is too long to be a thread title.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

KennyMan666 posted:

PYF Game Glitch: so, the code causing the bug wasn't even in the same game

:hmmyes:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Jawnycat posted:

It was great tho because it meant the game literally ended on a massive, long, drawn out fart.

My opinion on the franchise in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah, don't give Nintendo poo poo for the ABXY layout, it's been there forever. Do give them poo poo for switching to A being the confirm button and B being the back button somewhere along the way, though.