Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yeah, you should totally post that, it sounds really interesting. It's neat knowing how stuff like that works beyond 'somebody put the tape in wrong.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1qn8i7yQ90

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I would do one character that's glitchy, constantly clipping halfway into walls and having dialogue halfway outside the text window and stuff. It would be for comedic effect at first but later it would segue into a serious discussion about how we treat the disabled in society.

e: Ok, so apparently this has already been done in a movie.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

scarycave posted:

In FONV, I've had Gibson's dogs rain down from the sky upon exiting Helios one. I guess Sheogorath was on the development team.

Also this during a mod test:

For whatever reason, when no path-grid is present, everything decides to run straight into a wall, and will only attack you if your right in front of them. People with guns will still shoot but melee opponents can't function at all. Never really understood that, since the path-grid is supposed to help them maneuver around objects, why can't they just run towards the player if your on a completely flat surface with nothing in between you?

That face. It's magical. :swoon:

I've been playing New Vegas myself, lately. I'm using a mod that lets you have multiple companions active at the same time, and it's going alright. Sometimes they make it hard to get into doorways, but it's pretty nice rolling through the mojave with a posse. I don't even keep a weapon equipped anymore, my crew takes care of any enemies before they even show up on my radar. But a week ago Arcade Gannon disappeared. I fast traveled somewhere and he didn't make it with everyone else. I checked the map and he was way up in the top left corner, outside of the playable area. I tried nudging my way up the cliffs but there's just no way to get there, the whole area is bordered with invisible walls. I gave up and left him there.

Last night I was loving around somewhere in the wasteland, and I see this speck in the distance. It's Arcade! He's finally found his way out of the impassable cliffs and come back to me! I run over to meet him, and he immediately starts yelling about me being a murderer and says he's leaving for good. I had activated the Archimedes death ray an hour earlier, and he'd run across the entire map just to tell me off for it.

I never even got the chance to sell him into slavery. :(

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Jygallax posted:

But nope, it was established pretty early on that she was at least his adoptive daughter.

Okay, that part actually is a spoiler. You are really bad at this.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Dude, bridge constructing is its own genre.

http://www.physicsgames.net/category/Construction_Games_1.html

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Man, he really wants to catch that thing.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It is indeed a skyrim mod. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=99080609

Highlight:

Lowlight:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They took a billiard ball physics demo and stuck it in as a level.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

In that vein, a classic from Team Fortress 2 that everybody probably already knows about. As a spy, equip the disguise kit and point your camera straight up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dyQlZziHnw

Instead of fixing the animation glitch, Valve added custom taunts and items for it.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Lizard Wizard posted:

Someone should really get some MDickie gifs in here.

There are no glitches in MDickie games. When the reused code from the wrestling game that was turned into a prison sim and repurposed as a story about the bible goes wrong and Jesus pulls out a shiv and starts yelling that Mary is about to feel the pain, brother, that's emergent behaviour.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Subban does not like group hugs.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

"I pushed up the preliminary code for weather events last night, but the tornado effects are a little buggy."

"I noticed. I was playing the new build this morning and the NPC I was talking to suddenly ragdolled, spun off into the air and exploded in a shower of blood right in the middle of the cutscene."

"Yikes. Well, luckily it should only take me a couple hours to fix-"

"You're not changing a goddamn thing. We already showed it to George Miller and he thinks it's hilarious."

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The important question is does it work? I've spent the better part of my life trying to develop a silenced grenade.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Graphics are getting too good these days. I thought I was in the shadenfreude thread and that freaked me the gently caress out.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

New Sonic games suck because the people working on it don't care about it, and the people who care about it a lot shouldn't be allowed near it or within 500 feet of schools.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Nah, I think the little bit is the way to go. But just, like, a little little bit. Like, having this conversation disqualifies all three of us, you need somebody who's like "Oh, that game, I saw it at jumbo video a couple of times when I was renting mario kart. We should bring that back, it looked pretty cool" and nobody ever tells that person that there was more than one game.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

He's having fun, leave him alone

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

All of those were glitches from Saints Row 1. It was a very, very bad game.

It's cool that they've got a sense of humour about it

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I get to wake up to this every morning, and let me tell you, the week it took to make was well worth it.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

How did you make that? Is it needled felt?

I didn't want to break kayfabe, but yeah, you got it. Here are some in-progress photos: http://random-ferret.tumblr.com/post/162680161676/i-will-take-a-hammer-and-fix-the-baby

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Daikatana for the Game Boy Colour was a turn-based rpg and was actually half decent.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I remember one of those super hard Japanese rom hacks where you have to do this to proceed. It was bullshit, but it blew my mind at the time

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Those poor overworked coders took the time to design a horse heat gauge that wouldn't break immersion, and nobody bothers to pay attention to it. They just post memes about the realistic testicle shrinkage and then ignore it completely until their horses overheat.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

EoRaptor posted:

That video is sped up a good bit.

Yeah, it's clearly edited somehow. Here's the original:

https://twitter.com/chanbanhi/status/1105561842619957249

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Krankenstyle posted:

For some reason I thought it was only in a war context that the Red Cross symbols were protected, but it makes sense to have a blanket rule especially now that wars are never declared according to the proper rules :dungeonmaster:

Regardless, your video game violating the Geneva convention is pretty funny

Their main concern was that military games would encourage people to think of medics as targets, which they did and do to this day

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I don't have time to check a table of item stats before I pick stuff up I am running past every draugr in this loving dungeon while hammering the e button get on my level bitches fus roh da na na na na na na na na katamari damacy

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You're joking, but that's exactly what they're doing. Twitter bans accounts for violent words. Racism and homophobia are fine, though.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Still the humble spymaster of my heart

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I was playing TF2 on a server with a roulette mod installed. You could type something in chat to spin a wheel and get a temporary effect that could help you or screw you over

On my first spin I got ten seconds of noclip, which I used to steal the intelligence and drop it in the skybox.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

He was more recognizable on the loving n64

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

How did 2k14 The Rock look like The Rock even when he also looked like a pregnant foot crush fetish spider monster? What did we lose between then and now?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's going to be the big threat in the new movie after starkiller base failed. Just slap hyperdrive engines on planets and smash them into each other. Cheap, effective, and you don't have to actually pilot your entire base to within firing range

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The secret is that Skate 3 wasn't really that buggy, most of the funny clips were taken after helixsnake broke out of bounds into parts of the map that were never intended to be playable

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Say what you will about Saint's Row, the ragdoll minigame is more entertaining than anything in GTA

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I know the pixels don't change but I swear the other family looks more incredulous every time it cuts to them

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Nintendo and sony both have the same button layout, it is microsoft that is wrong.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

O for confirm and X for cancel is objectively correct because O is button 1 and X is button 2. Simple.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I think it's time we all admit that the only reason we're so worked up is because we don't have access to the best buttons anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Their podcasts have been adapted into graphic novels, two board games and two television series. They're fine without the polygon stuff