Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

RillAkBea posted:

I had a pretty weird glitch in Battlefield 3 the other day. I'm terrible at jets and got attacked pretty quickly, but I didn't die, and my plane didn't explode. I just lost all control, I couldn't turn or slow down or anything. The plane just kept on going and going.

That's what happens when you break the flight ceiling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Zereth posted:

You could do this with everything in Fallout 1. Walk into a shop with a single lovely knife, leave with everything but the knife.

That one works in real life, though.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

YellerBill posted:

So you basically can't fire any bullets ever at enemies because you use the bullet on a lock? Wow.

You're supposed to use the gravity gun to clonk dudes upside the head with random bits of trash lying around. Cinder blocks flying at 90 miles an hour make unsurprisingly effective weapons.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Autechresaint posted:

Despite the glitch, it's pretty impressive that they solved the age old video game problem with ships and water. You normally can't go under deck in ships because the water is usually just a flat plane that the ship goes through, apparently that is not the case with that engine...is it voxel based or something?

It's just a rendering trick. The plane of water is still there.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Finisher1 posted:

All we need now is a mod to write "CHA" on one of the moons in Skyrim.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Alabaster White posted:

Isn't Lufia 2 the game that had the horribly hosed up sprite sets in a couple rooms, and everything looked like a garbled mess of various parts of other dungeons? How did they not catch this kinda stuff?

I'm pretty sure that was also a problem unique to the NA version. In those days no one was willing to spend much money on localization.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Zereth posted:

Actually, I thought Terror From The Deep didn't fix that or just didn't have it, but was balanced based on feedback from people who thought they were playing Enemy Unknown on the highest difficulty but were actually playing on the easiest possible difficulty, so they cranked absolutely everything way the gently caress up, did things like make it so most/all of your good or even decent weapons didn't work in terror missions (which were above water), etc etc?

Both are true. TFTD easy was rougher than EU impossible, and TFTD would reset to impossible when you loaded a save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

TFTD does not have the reset bug. Full stop.

I stand corrected.