Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Toad on a Hat posted:

besides the whole ability to kill myself before ever launching off the ground with an airplane. That's not a glitch though, that's just bad piloting.
Not a glitch per say, but I did this all the time in Duck Tales: The Quest for Gold before I learned how to operate the drat plane. Still can't land for poo poo though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Ofaloaf posted:

Dying and walking through walls in Ironforge to reach Old Ironforge was the best. Too bad there was nothing down there except for more lava and an anvil.

There were another way too. If you dueled a warlock outside the bank and got into the armor shop to the left (?), and got feared on the stairs up to the second floor, you could get feared through the wall and into old IF. There may or may not have been a mage polymorphing you involved too. And it didn't always work, but at least you got away without the repair bill.

hirvox posted:

There was also an island off Dustwallow Marsh that was supposed to be where Varian Wrynn was held hostage, but they never got around to finishing the area. Nor did they ever activate the portals that the four green dragons were guarding. :argh:

Alcaz Island? One of the first things I did when I got prowl on my druid, was stealth inside there and take a bunch of screenshots. Having to dodge so many nagas and dragonkin …

I think my favourite places were the village south of Silithus and the high elf tower north of EPL. Tower went away with the addition of blood elves and Ghostlands (or was it Cata?), and the tauren village went away with Cata. I spent a lot of time swimming around the continents.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Medieval Medic posted:

The tower was definitely not gone by WOTLK and the inclusion of bloodelves. I am not sure how it is now, but it used to be that the Blood Elf area was instanced apart from the rest of the continent with the instance portal in the Eastern Plaguelands, so you could swim around the whole continent without bumping into those areas because they weren't actually part of the geography, even if when you opened your map while swimming around there it would seem to place you ontop of those areas.

Ah, then it went with Cata. I remember logging out there before Cata, then being in Darna when the game went live, and when I went back, I couldn't find it. There may have been an invisible wall there after Cata, too.