Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Wasn't WWE2k20 or 2k21 really janky and then they took a year off to make some improvements, and then 2k22 was much improved?

EDIT -yeah, just looked it up and 2020 was a pile, they skipped 2021, and came back the following year with 2022

Wikipedia posted:

2019's WWE 2K20 was the first game in the series to be developed solely by Visual Concepts, who had worked with Yuke's on previous games under the WWE 2K banner.[11][12] The game received generally negative reviews for various changes seen as a regression from 2K19, and for numerous bugs and technical issues upon its launch. The series went on a two-year hiatus in response, with WWE 2K Battlegrounds released in 2020 as a replacement for a previously-planned WWE 2K21 game.[13] WWE 2K22, the twenty-second instalment of the series, was released in March 2022 to a generally more favourable reception than its predecessor. WWE 2K23, the twenty-third installment of the series, was released in March 2023 surpassing the expectations preceded by 2k22.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

I dunno, that sounds like something kids these days would be doing

drat kids, drinking their purple Grimace milkshakes and glitching into the backrooms with their little friends.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

haveblue posted:

That's a direct quote from the second Raimi movie, isn't it?

And a well known comic title and scene (for certain values of "well known")

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Fishstick posted:

Arachnophobia mode in Grounded turned them into ominous floating jelly orbs that were somehow worse than the actual spiders.

Similarly in Jedi: Survivor, it turns giant scorpions (which are different enough from spiders to not really qualify for me, but whatever) into blurry, blocky, vaguely scorpion shaped things.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Sarah Morgan was not the imposter.

1 imposter remains

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I wish I would remember that my PS5 will let me record a few minutes back so I can share weird glitches.

Was playing CP2077 recently and went to stop an assault in progress. For anyone who didn't play, scattered about the city are crimes in progress, and one of the more common ones is assault, where a handful of gang members is threatening some small group of people, usually one or two are dead, and one of the gang members will be delivering Robert DeNiro kicks to someone on the ground. I sneak around and stealth kill everyone with throwing knives. I get the all clear message, but I still hear the sound of one of the gang members routinely kicking the victim. Turns out that one of the gang members is still upright, going through his animation cycle, despite being 'downed'. As I get close to the enemy, I get the prompt to pick up the body. Well, I can't pass up that opportunity. I go through my animation, and switch to my pistol, but I can't see the body slung over my shoulder, but I still hear the kicking sound every few seconds. I really wish I had the ability to switch to a third person camera at this point, because I have to imagine he was still in his animation loop, but now doing it hovering over my shoulder and maybe at a 45 degree angle. Thankfully this did not crash my game, I was able to throw him down and just put a bullet in his head to end his suffering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

Is Cyberpunk still buggy as poo poo? It was on sale on Steam recently, and I was debating finally getting it, but the sale ended before I could make up my mind.

It's probably the best time to jump on board. I started playing just before 2.0 released and it wasn't super buggy, and what I ran into was not game breaking. 2.0 redid the level-ups and skill trees, and while I don't like the changes they made, and I miss my time with the old system, if you were to start now, you'd never know the difference.

The driving sucks, and all the cars feel the same. Motorcycles feel better to drive, but are not as indestructible as they were before 2.0. It is a lot faster than walking, but at no point is it fun. Find a fast travel point near where you need to go, call in a vehicle drop and then drive the shortest distance to get where you need. Otherwise avoid driving when possible.

I haven't bought the DLC yet, but I'm going to pretty quickly. I'll gladly accept more of the same, and I'm happy with the game after paying full price. I'd probably be ecstatic if I paid $40 or less for it. If you're getting it on PC, probably a good amount of mods to make it exactly what you want (but might have to wait with the 2.0 changes).