Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Asiina posted:

I was looking at Assassin's Creed 2 easter eggs and found this glitch. The video explains how to accomplish it, but I skipped to the entertaining part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvVul0W1Snk&t=957s

How many people spontaneously started playing music from Lemmings in their head when they saw this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Wheany posted:

In Final Fantasy Legend on Gameboy the end boss is Creator.

He can be one-shot with the weapon "Saw"

Final Fantasy Legend II fixed this and was generally a lot more robust on the surface, but when it did break it broke in much more spectacular ways. Under certain rate and very specific circumstances, the game can wind up randomly launching the player into the final boss fight out of the blue.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Wheels within wheels.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

freeedr posted:

I used to get those shareware disks. I still play a couple of the games over 20 years later. I found the dev of one on Facebook and told him. He was thrilled.

I played the poo poo out of a bunch of 90s shareware. When I went back as an adult with money and bought / tracked down freeware releases I was in for a bitter reckoning because it turned out they all packed 90% of the gameplay into the demo version. You'd play 10 or 20 really polished levels and then they sold you 200 mostly empty filler levels that they churned out as quickly as possible.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Dabir posted:

it was carp, and the other issue was that carp had the same generic 'bite' attack that you might see on, say, a bear, or a dog. so a dwarf would venture down to the river and a tiny swimming rottweiler would leap out and try to chew its feet off, at which point the dwarf would try to dodge and have a 50/50 shot of just throwing itself into the river by accident

Back in that version every creature type had a fixed size, roughly equivalent to length/height in feet, and all fully grown creatures of that species had that exact size. Toady looked up on Wikipedia that Carl can grow to be up to 5 feet and plugged in 5 as the size for carp... which happens to be the size of a dwarf. So it wasn't a tiny swimming rotweiller, it was a 5 footer as big as the dwarf.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
become a skate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Hempuli posted:

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18988047

Ankibo's TAS runs of this athletics sports game are some of the most fun speedruns I've seen.

This is great. I like how after the game breaks there is a replay of the game breaking in a completely different way :allears: