Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

There's a Fallout: New Vegas speedrun that has sex with every character you can have sex with. The trouble is that some characters will only have sex with men, and some will only have sex with women. You can redesign your character when leaving the starting town. The speedrun starts as a man, uses a bug to travel while the game is paused, seduces the two people who will only have sex with men, and then changes the player character to a woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Been playing a lot of the new NFS Unbound game. I've noticed sometimes there are small graphical glitches if I play for an extended period, usually just minor things like minimap textures being corrupted or some skybox textures being low-res. However tonight things went hardcore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMzRlJiLrbQ

Luckily I wasn't being chased by cops at the time and there was a hideout nearby. I would not have enjoyed trying to ditch a Heat 5 pursuit with that garbage all over!

Looks like your graphics card could be overheating. Polygons are becoming unbounded.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Magic: The Gathering Arena has a limit on how many creatures can be in play, for practical reasons. In older versions, every identical copy of a creature was report to the server as a unique object. Then they added Scute Swarm, a card that doubles the number of copies of itself in play every time you get a land. The massive packets being sent were dragging down all of their servers, so they had to change the netcode to deal with 200 identical tokens in play.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Fallout: New Vegas has a hard time remembering that dead bodies in save files are dead. I loaded an old save at the site of the tribal village massacre, and a bunch of NPCs named "Burned Body" stood up and started attacking me.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I had a funny thing happen in New Vegas - not exactly a bug, just emergent behaviour. When you first pick up a star bottlecap, the game spawns an NPC named Malcolm Holmes who then runs towards you to explain the Legend Of The Star. No matter where you are on the map, he runs towards you like a player-seeking missile. Unfortunately, in this playthrough, Malcolm's path took him through Quarry Junction, where the deadliest creatures in the game hang out. The Alpha Male Deathclaw chased him into the town of Sloan and proceeded to kill everyone there.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

In New Vegas, the grenade launcher is the only item in a list that's internally called "Minigun". The minigun is in a different list, called "MinigunForRealzImSeriousGuys". This only comes up when modding the game, but it's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

My least favourite Skyrim glitch involves NPCs and locked doors. Arcadia's potion shop in Skyrim is very small - so small that she will say a line of small talk even while the player is at the door about to leave. So she'll start saying a line like "I have salves, tonics, and poultices on my shelves - browse to your heart's content!" If the player leaves while Arcadia is in midsentence, she'll leave the shop in order to finish saying it, and lock the door. Then her character sees that the door is locked, and decides to go home for the day. So if you're not careful, you only get to visit that store once a day.