Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I think its just better if we call this a video game oddities thread instead of piecing apart what constitutes a glitch and how intended it was by developer and player. All of these have been pretty funny and enjoyable, and i'm pretty sure that was one of the goals of the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Lobok posted:

That Madden article had more heart, humour, and interesting plot twists than most actual videogames.

Yeah as someone who has no care in the world for football, reading that article turned my day around. The ending compilation video is really good, if you missed it the first time around like I did.

buglord has a new favorite as of 19:40 on Feb 5, 2014

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
e: AGH

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Tambaloneus posted:

Skyrim had some of the funniest poo poo like that happen. I never did get an entire town to fight over a necklace though, sadly, I dropped gems/enchanted poo poo all over town and all that happened is guards told me off for littering. Be nice to see them pick poo poo up, sell it for good gear and then be going around in it. Like in morrowind if you sold good gear to a shopkeeper first thing they'd do is put it on.

I also had a follower moment that sadly I didn't film where you meet whatsisname from the stormcloaks finally and somehow he was aggroed to the npc's still so when Lydia burst in late she buried an axe in the guys head. I'm pretty sure that wasn't supposed to happen.

This might be a combination of misremembering or an LP or a what-if scenario, but did someone do a writeup about a big city in TES: Oblivion being murdered because of some guard taking an apple, and having a series of really bad events happen afterwords?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Inspector_666 posted:

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the "cutscene" slideshows in New Vegas were handled by teleporting your character to a box floating inside of nothing, locking your view into place and then using one of the projectors to show you the slides. So yeah, you can have all kinds of poo poo happen in there since it's actually still "in-game."

That explains why I'd take a sip from my lucky canteen during the cutscenes.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Robert Denby posted:

Apparently it warps your companion character there too.

Do you just turn on noclip while you're in there?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

shomakkaa posted:

An interesting pro evo player collision - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fTzxepMvtY

The lack of twitching or clipping that normally comes with ragdoll collision makes this look completely intentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Disgusting Coward posted:

Please be advised all these stories are lies. Here is what actually happens.
*burp*
*fart*
AAAAHHHH
*fart*
AAAAAAGHHH!!!
*fart*
AAAAHAHHHH!!!
*fart*
*fart*
AAAAAAAHHHH!!

this is all happening while marital arts experts choke out random people, farting and screaming along the way.