Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Best part is it's goon-written but I can't recall for the life of me who it's by, but it got started in the video game urban legends thread.

Based on that Mario 2 video, I think I'd die of laughter first. I know nothing about purposely glitching games, but the results are so absurd - is this on-purpose glitching a fairly recent thing?

It's by the fantastic Rocketlex. :)

My favorite glitch I unfortunately don't have a video of, but one day after playing Red Dead Redemption for a long, long time, my PS3 started to overheat and things got weird. There were a ton of bugs and glitches all over the place, but the most memorable was when I went to duel that Mexican Army captain in the attack on Escalera. The pre-duel cutscene played out same as always, but once the actual shoot-out started, there were two of me. One standing in the foreground to the left like always, and another behind the captain, also in the "hand hovering over holstered revolver" dueling pose, and the captain was facing him, with his back turned to me! I actually just let him win instead of shooting him in the back because I was curious what would have happened if he shot my clone. Unfortunately that was an end to the fun, because shooting the copy counted as me dying in the duel and reloading my last save.

For actual images instead of just :words:, sometimes in the Sims babies come out...wrong.

(the baby is that flesh-shaped cone in her hand)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Mr. Fish posted:

Another example is in skyrim:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oso_mmhvm-Y

The engine is a mess and I hope they make something new for the next Fallout/TES game since it is really showing its age.

People keep saying this is a bug, but I refuse to believe it. It's a feature. Giants are just that strong. :colbert:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Chip Cheezum posted:

Mass Effect 3 had some pretty quality animation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RtGwVlYtfk

This reminds me of a weird glitch I got when playing the Ardat-Yakshi monastery level:

(sorry for low quality, I play on Xbox so my only option was taking a camera-phone picture of the screen)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Speaking of Sims 4, have a quote from that game's thread:

Republican Vampire posted:

So, one of my Sims suffered a bladder failure, but that action's still in his queue so whenever he doesn't have another action waiting, he pisses himself. Also his hand appears to have merged with a pot of spaghetti.

The Perpetual Pisser

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

♫♪ Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man: no time to talk ♫♪

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Crossposting from the Imp Zone Fallout 4 thread:

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I just did a quest that gave me and two bad guys the "essential" status for a staged fight, and then once that was over didn't remove the status, so I can never complete the quest since I have to kill the enemies for the second stage of the quest, but I can also never die and having my health dropped to zero causes the game to freeze for half a second before returning me to full health, no rads. Cool.

I actually kinda like it for now, I'm sure at some point I'll get bored of the complete lack of challenge but for now I'm enjoying my character being an immortal avenging death spirit.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Arrath posted:

Thats the main reason I buy Bethesda games on PC, a handful of quick console commands and that error would be fixed!

I googled it and apparently the normal console commands to set someone as inessential don't work either lol. Everyone who has it is stuck waiting on a patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Arrath posted:

:lol: Oh wow okay that is grade A. Guess I'lll make double sure to save before that bit.

It's the side-quest called "Confidence Man," keep an eye out.