Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Motdef is a treasure trove of hysterics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

Just bookmark the Just Cause 2 thread in Games. If it gets more than one post a week, chances are good a new weekend just got announced.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Friar Zucchini posted:

...Backwards, if I'm looking at it right.

I didn't look at it that close until you brought it up, but no. It's a break-action launcher. It's getting swooped up into the open forward bit that's facing the camera.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

There's a few things that can happen when you just toss things on the ground. I've had guards chastise me for leaving sharp blades around and putting it back in my knapsack, people just picking it up and going "hehe finders keepers!" and two people running across it at the same time and fighting over it.

If you can provoke two members of peacefully hostile (consider each other enemies, but all members are non-aggressive people who don't pick fights) factions to take the first blows, a massive gang battle can break out.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Sestze posted:

For some reason that made me laugh really hard.

GET OVER HERE

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Oh my word I thought I was the only one to experience that glitch. Mine happened in the Silverblood Inn, with that poncy spellsword you can pick up from Riften.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

For perspective, a stable everyday "good job Engineering, now our lights won't go out 15 minutes in" generator burn produces 1-2 MW.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Punching DOSBox in the balls until Mode 7 happens.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

BattleMaster posted:

Yeah it lets you make custom animations and is very permissive about what you can get away with.

Now that it's come up, let's pre-empt anyone asking where this one went.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gjfZABX8Kw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

The skeletons are just bad. Limbs, joints and sections of the torso have really limited arcs where they can twist and flex.

The upper body and arms are so relatively light and/or unable to flex that they can't really shift the center of gravity enough to overcome the tension in the locked knees and spread legs. Those happen because every joint goes slack at the exact same moment, so the knees bend first under the weight of the torso and when the angle cap is reached, the path of least resistance is pushing the feet back along the (pretty much frictionless) ground. The symmetry comes from how there's no randomness in the trajectory of the upper body falling on top of the lower extremities, so it always comes down at a perfectly vertical angle unless you kill someone, say, moving at a jogging pace.