Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
Similar to the new vegas video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nry7KC_62x8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

You would think that, but he clearly failed to kill himself. The worst spy.

Exactly. Expose him immediately!

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

sticklefifer posted:

Well this is neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TZd95BCKMY

Someone decided to see what would happen if they crushed themselves between two portals.

I've always wondered about that. I guess it makes sense that the player wouldn't collide with themselves (because who even thinks of needing to add that to a game), or else that would probably have killed them.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

stuffed crust punk posted:

the thing that drives me nuts and seems to keep happening over and over again is game logic is tied to framerate. the dark souls pc port had something like double damage or double weapon degradation or something when people modded it to run at 60fps because it determined those things by the number of frames where a weapon intersected with a target or some poo poo like that. I make loving phone apps and I'd be fired for putting business logic values in the ui

Fallout 3 (or 4? maybe both?) had physics tied to frame rate, so dropping a piece of junk would be different speeds based on what your hardware could handle.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Ryanbomber posted:

From what I understand, AGS threw a lot of money around to hire a bunch of industry vets, got an army of them, and proceeded to ignore every single suggestion they had to give until they all quit in frustration

I assume that's the reason we're seeing a bunch of old classics like rendering HTML from chat messages

If you know of any article about this, I'd love to read it.