Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

The_White_Crane posted:

QA reported "yo, this doesn't produce the play experience you presumably want" to which the response from the dev team was some version of "we've been working 80 hour weeks and the game releases in 3 days lmao".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
just release the original on PC imo

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Cardiovorax posted:

The part where they literally have a equally-sized team of people who do nothing but read through the programming department's code full-time and triple-check for anything that even looks like it might cause any problems down the road probably has more to do with it.

oh yeah, whoops, alright back to exploitation everyone

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
love to have a car with 15x as much power as a dash 9 locomotive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2csywV-odvQ&t=72s

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
8:45 made me think of:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Cardiovorax posted:

Frostbite is the engine of Dragon Age: Inquisition and Mass Effect: Andromeda as well, so they can't even excuse it with being unfamiliar with the engine.

Andromeda and Anthem started production at the same time, and Anthem supposedly couldn't use much of anything from Inquisition's development due to Anthem's online nature, which meant they had to make a ton of stuff from scratch. And tech support for Frostbite was limited because RPGs don't make nearly as much money as sports games and Battlefield. Yeah there were a lot of management issues from Bioware itself and from EA but technical problems were a huge contributor

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
he's just tuckered out after the big battle, let him rest

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Cardiovorax posted:

It's nice that they're at least consistent about making GBS threads on the achievements of everyone in all of history who doesn't belong one of their two Original Conspiracy Do Not Steal in some manner.

drat, can't believe they're marketed as edutainment too... smdh

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
a few game still have demos. kenshi has a pretty good one, for example. it's the whole game, just with a stat ceiling of 20 (out of 100 in the full game)

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

MadDogMike posted:

Huh, hadn't heard anything about that, what's going on with the Red Cross recently? Also, content wise, was screwing around with the first Assassin's Creed for random amusement and apparently new graphics cards when used without vsinc cause the iconic Leap of Faith to suddenly have a tad more "realistic" result - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjD21tJYU00. I about died laughing when it happened, especially the broken back ragdoll right after in my case.

The Red Cross (the symbol) is a protected symbol under the Geneva Conventions, and they don't like it being used in video games (they've been pretty lax in the past about it tho)

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'm one of the weirdos who absolutely loved the settlement building and playing Sims with my settlers. I wish it was more fleshed out and realized, and pretty much align with the earlier post about wanting it to be both bigger and smaller.

Each of my settlements had a central concept behind it and lore that I would develop in my headcanon as I built each one up. I want to see the next Fallout have an even better settlement building system, but at this point I doubt we're going to see better ANYTHING from Bethesda.

If you have it on PC there's some mods that definitely add to the whole system quite nicely

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVaNNzX5ljA

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
oh so that's what the chosen look like

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Unlimited inventory is best imo

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
https://youtu.be/QYC7CBuMBOg

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
So these two roguelikes being discussed are Elona and IVAN, right? Where's the best to get them, apparently they're not under development anymore?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Zereth posted:

I think they just reset if you stay away long enough, rather than people slowly rebuilding it.

EDIT: as for obtaining them, you'll want to go ask in the roguelike thread, I'm not sure where to get the current versions of IVAN or Elona+

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Gokuweed420 posted:

Ahh. Epic. So the goons talking about the game are, in fact, pedophiles. Very well.

Nah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UodT5e5oyGU