Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

DelphiAegis posted:

I know it's not a glitch, just a fantastic set of rules given to the player, but gently caress yeah, spider car:

https://i.imgur.com/rdhZArs.mp4

That game just keeps on giving. I have a weird question, though... can you clarify what the text in the image means?

quote:

Super humans: have super powers

Supercars: (video of a guy making the car swing like a spiderman)

Seriously, I don't understand what is being said. Are you saying (you? someone else?) that humans have superpowers, and also supercars have superpowers? Or are you saying, Humans, you need to get superpowers, and so here is a guy with what is basically a superpower?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I mentioned this in some other thread about video games, but I found that in Mafia III, the more memory that was being occupied by other poo poo (streaming Netflix and Hulu with an absurd number of open tabs on another monitor in my case when I learned this trick) the longer it would take to spawn enemies. However, mission-specific objects would spawn immediately. So if the mission was to fight my way through 100 rednecks just to steal a briefcase, I frequently could get in and out before anyone appeared.

However, this trick was really unreliable. More often than not, it would just spawn all the enemies right when I was in the middle of them and they would just tear me to poo poo with a single unified shotgun blast from all angles.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Commander Keene posted:

He literally reads "Frowning" at one point, it's amazing. :allears:

Why would a voice actor need such directions? Helpful direction for a voice actor would be like "sadly" or "aggressive", say... I guess because the facial expressions of the characters are mocapped to the actors'?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

Eh, changing your facial expression during a read changes your tone of voice. Try it yourself!

Oh, interesting. I mean -- I mean I know that, but what I didn't think of until now is -- I wonder if the entire script denotes every single facial expression change because it needs to match the animation of the characters speaking? Expressions change all the time is what I'm saying -- I wonder if "frowning" and "smiling" and "looking confused" or whatever are in every single line, or multiple times per line?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Nobody knows why Frownin' Jesus frowns.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A lot of what I'm reading sounds plausible but does anyone actually know or are we all just speculating about Frownin' Jesus?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Necrothatcher posted:

To be fair the game is 18 months old and as far as I can tell I'm the first person to pick up on it, so it's not an absolutely crucial fix.

I mean it is ultimately what made me decide to pass on it.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Facefull of noclip dick? You got cyberpunk'd

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Disrespecting The Ladder on these forums is akin to disrespecting Calvin and Hobbes. It's just a line we've all tacitly agreed not to cross.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Doc Hawkins posted:

you may have heard people talk about these metal gear solid games. three is very arguably the best one.

I played through MGS3 HD recently -- actually, I played through all the old MGS games and while 3 has been my "all time favorite game" for so many years, I think now it's the one that holds up the worst. At least when MGS2 is being overly weird, it fits within the context of the game. MGS3 has so many weird parts that are only weird because the voice acting, the dialogue, and the characters' animations are so extremely inconsistent.

My ex, who was watching me play it, sure didn't get why I was so excited about the ladder, so obviously we're not together now.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I miss the days when a cutscene was a fuckin reward

Prerendered cutscenes I find annoying now, since we've reached a point where our systems can render the cutscene in real time and have it look just as good, if not better. Max Payne 3 and some of the Yakuza games have cutscenes that use all in-game models and textures but are prerendered, and you can tell because the frame rate is cut in half and everyone looks a little blurry. Max Payne 3 was especially awkward for me because actually the videos were rendered at what seemed like the same resolution I was playing, and I didn't realize these were prerendered; I just kept wondering why every third cutscene everything drops to 30 fps.

credburn has a new favorite as of 19:33 on Apr 15, 2022

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Gynovore posted:

I always wondered about that one. Given that the people who played the :filez: version got exactly the same amount of gameplay as the demo, I suspect that the programmers did that on purpose.

Yeah that's what I always heard, though it sounded apocryphal, that they secretly released the game but with this one little teehee glitch.

If I remember right, my :filez: copy of Red Alert 2 would blow up my base after a few minutes of play. What was up with that?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Doc Hawkins posted:

:chord: i support giving game creators the option to not give players that option if they so choose

At minimum developers MUST include an option to skip the cutscene if we have already viewed the cutscene and died immediately following the cutscene.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Do you not have a jetpack in ELEX 2???

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

theyre calling me home

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Soldaten! Es ist ein Scharfschütze unter uns! Jeder muss sich mit dieser Klebeschmiere bestreichen. Beginnen Sie mit Operation Rubber versus Glue.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I remember frequently my party members would either fail to fast travel with me or... I don't actually know what would happen. Sometimes they'd be there with me, other times not, sometimes I'd be walking along the wilderness and my buddy who is supposed to be following me would just appear out of the woods, not having seen each other for days.

I also remember having a weird dog companion, and the dog would constantly try to sit down next to me, but he would always sit too close, and it would nudge me just an inch, and then the dog would try to sit closer, and it would nudge me again, again and again, and I'm sitting in the dark trying to line up a stealthy sniper arrow but my loving dog gently shoves me off the cliff.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Agents are GO! posted:

That would be Barbas, from Clavicus Vile's daedric quest. He's specifically programmed to be obnoxious as hell. (His follow distance is set much closer than other followers.)

Ah yeah, that's him! Haha, alright, well that actually sounds hilarious instead of infuriating now that I know it's not a glitch he would do that.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
(sorry about the low quality, I don't know how to video edit :( )

I'm playing Carmageddon: Max Damage and was trying out this stupid Trump mod that came with it which like every single bit of humor in this game dates it and doesn't hold up... but anyway, was looking at the replay and noticed for the first time that sometimes your driver can be ejected through the windshield... and then proceeds to ghostly try to get back into your vehicle, even if you respawn several times. It also seems to have a max speed.

I know it's janky. The camera is awful to use with a controller but somehow worse with a mouse.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I don't get it.

Is the glitch because the ghost's gun goes into dude's back a little?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Deus Ex and Thief were great franchise casualties in the Console Encroachment of the early aughts.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I'm glad they're porting over not just the classic game but the experience of playing the game.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

LifeSunDeath posted:

that would be amazing.

How long has it been since we had a decent Lemmings game? Thirty years? Noita is practically made for Lemmings!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I remember everything feeling really "heavy" in GTAIV in a way I never felt in other games.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Carthag Tuek posted:

I remember in one of the early Saints Row games, you have to chase a guy who drives through a parking garage and makes a jump off the roof. My friend and I were new at the game, so after a couple failed tries we just said gently caress it, stole a bunch of cars & parked them in front of the ramp so the guy we were supposed to chase crashed. That wouldn't fly in GTA lol

I do recall in Vice City you have to race against this guy whose name I'm pretty sure was Hillary. He gets a nice car, you get a lovely car, and the race is hard. Unless you plop a big fuckin truck right in his way so he just drives into it, giving you time to get OUT of your car and into one that actually can race.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Should I play Watch Dogs 1 and 2? Don't tell me to skip 1; if I'm going to play 2 I have to play 1 first. I don't know why it is that way but it is and I'm sure a lot of you can relate.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Every example of why I should not play Watch Dogs makes me want to play it so I can at least be in on this.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I played in a pinball tournament where my ball sort of just rested on top of one of the orbs, and suddenly the score started cranking, like every frame (I don't know the analog equivalent for the purpose of telling this story) the machine registered a hit. It stayed there for a very long time, and I won that round. Technically not cheating due to the analog nature of the pinball machines, though I felt like it was. I still came in last place in my group by the end of the night -- but not that round! First fuckin place babyyyyyy

credburn has a new favorite as of 18:55 on Jul 26, 2022

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Scribblenauts on the DS was so impressive with its word association. Well done, whomever!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Toaster Beef posted:

I thought the story with White Stripes was Jack White is a musical prodigy and Meg White is a serviceable-at-best drummer who was dragged into the whole thing by Jack

And they pretended they weren't siblings, but a married couple for a while?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Dav posted:

Other way around, wasn’t it?
They successfully confused people, anyways,

Oh, maybe? Oh geez.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/the-mysterious-case-of-the-white-stripes-75345/

Okay, they were a married couple pretending to be siblings. I can't remember which of us was right.

edit: holy poo poo rollingstone.com bombards you with ads and popups like a 2000s era warez portal

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Almost all Twitter videos I try to see will only play for a few seconds before going into a forever-buffering mode. Or if it's not forever, it's definitely longer than I have patience.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

PhazonLink posted:

why havent these people learn that maybe they shouldnt buy bad gilitchy games?

What's the alternative? Go outside and play football?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Doesn't the second joystick just control the camera?

e: nevermind answered right above

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Pythagoras the OG straferunner

Everyone wondered how he would get around so fast, with that weird way he'd walk.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Angels as described in the Bible are loving weird.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Overload is a loving perfect Descent spiritual sequel.

My rarest achievement in Steam is from Overload. I got it for finishing the entire end part without upgrading my ship once during that segment.

... I did not know it could be upgraded during that segment or I would have ...

There's a part in Wolfenstein: The New Blood where you can snap these safety brakes off an elevator, and I think the gimmick is that you die immediately when it happens and since the checkpoint is at that exact spot I think you're supposed to die in a funny way, like why would you shoot these brakes while standing on the elevator dummy? But I found that I could time it just right to snap the brake at the same time I grabbed the rope. The view went really weird for a second, and then as I climbed the rope I discovered BJ HAS THREE ARMS

credburn has a new favorite as of 23:51 on Nov 24, 2022

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well. i was not aware that is what happens when you try to hustle a hustler.

Is that a glitch? I thought the joke was he had a fake hand.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I don't know anything about High on Life and I don't know who Justin Roiland but 100% every comment about the game has been "This game would be fun if the gun would shut the gently caress up but it does not shut the gently caress up."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

That takes me to a page about Game of Thrones being modded into Skyrim. And holy smokes that page causes my computer to heat the gently caress up yikes why